• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your favorite "Oriental" meal?

If you ask my wife, she'd probably beg me to make my pork-filled pot stickers, sesame almond chicken wings, dipping sauce, and fried rice.

If you asked me, I'd throw in shrimp Shu Mei.

As long as there is no okara or brussel sprouts in it, I'd eat it......... :D :thumbs: :p

The chicken Pad Thai at Thai Express in Cincinnati. The hotter the better. It was run by two Thai sisters who came to the US in the 70's and for a whole in the wall, I would put it up against the best 5 star Thai places there are.

Nate

After reading some of the dishes above you guys enjoy, I think its time I try something other than my usual of Shrimp or Chicken Lo Mein and Beef with Broccoli! :laugh:

bfreebrn's favorite is the cream of sum yung guy. I like tempura.....

I like Lo Mein but pretty much anything with seafood in it. Nothing too hot but I am a buffet kinda guy :love:

Thai, the hotter the better.
I really love green curry dishes.
If this is the first time I am trying a Thai restaurant, I will always order the green curry.
It is the reference point I use to judge a new Thai place.

If you could only have one last meal at a Oriental restaurant (Chinese, Thai, etc), what would yours be?

Mine would be Volcano Chicken at Chiang Mai Cafe in Brookfield WI. It is a Thai restaurant. I am not sure if Volcano Chicken is a traditional Thai dish, but its my fav.

It is made with crispy chicken chunks, carrots, bok choy, onions and green peppers.

It is brought to the table on a iron plate (with a bigger wooden plate underneath). The waitress pours some liquor on it and lights it. After it flames for a minute or 2, she pours a thick dark sauce over the flames which puts the fire out, but when it hits the super hot iron plate a huge stream of smoke rises from the dish (and everyone in the room oohs and ahhs).

It tastes like it was cooked on a smokey grill. I am not sure what the sauce is, but its tangy sweet, yet hot (spicy) at the same time.

Look forward to hearing other dishes, esp from more "traditional" Chinese/Thai cities like New York, San Fransisco etc.

Mmm the only oriental food I’ve had was crab rangu and sweet n sour chicken, I may check this Chiang Mai Café out though..

I'd go with good Crab Rangu, Hunan Chicken, or Wing Chong Poodle. The worst part about a lot of chinese food is that it is usually cooked in a sauce based on rendered lard, making it really unhealthy. Sure tastes good though.

Lobster in black bean sauce at Grand Chau Chau's in Boston's Chinatown is the best dish on the planet.You pick your own lobster out of one of their tanks( 5 pounds or bigger is recommended) they hack it up, cook it in the wok with the black bean sauce and it is spectacular. Once you have eaten a lobster this way, regular steamed lobster doesn't compete.

Then they bring out a bowl full of live shrimp, and put them in a bowl full of wine until they start slowing down. One cook then pours the live, drunken shrimp into the wok, as two other waiters stand on either side batting the shrimp back into the wok as they try to jump out.

Soundslike a Monty Python skit... a real drunken shrimp. I would order that just to see the cooks beating up some drunen shrimp.

Oh man, there's so much :

Pad Thai (appetizer: pot stickers (fried dumplings), or tempura battered soft shell crab).

sushi (eel, spicy tuna or salmon) - soft shell crab roll (washed down with either Asahi or Tsing Tao beer).

Tom yum soup (spicy with basil leaves and mushrooms)

Pho Ga (chicken based soup - vietnamese style - with bean sprouts and hot sauce - glass noodles and basil) - this is the best soup in the world, if done right, bar none!

oh man, I can go on but I'm already starting to get hungry. Damn these food discussions! hahaha

Darren :sign:

My favorite is the whole sizzling catfish at Chinois in Las Vegas. It is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant located at the forum shops in Ceaser's.

Chicken feet.

No not really, I only eat a couple at a time.

Luckily however Thai food is not served as an all you can eat buffett style because I would weigh a ton from green curry and anything in peanut sauce.