• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your favorite "Oriental" meal?

I'm not much for seafood, but I do enjoy many chicken dishes at my local place. I like spicy stuff so General's chicken and hot and sour soup are up there.

I've never really had any truly authentic Asian food, only the Americanized stuff at most buffets and restaurants in the Midwest.

Our local Chinese Eatery does a great Homemade Handshaven noodle with beef and broccolli.

I'm a bit more simple than y'all (and allergic to all seafood and shellfish):

Korea: Homemade Kimchi Chigae (Kim Chi Stew) and/or Chap Jae (Glass noodle stir fry)

Okinawa: Nikku Soba (Pork Soba Noodle Soup)

Japan (Mainland): Beef Curry with fresh vegetables with garlic chips.

Phillipines: cliche, but Lumpia and Chicken Adobo.

Thailand: Green Curry Soup and Som Tam (Papaya Salad - Mai Pet)

-K-

If you could only have one last meal at a Oriental restaurant (Chinese, Thai, etc), what would yours be?

Mine would be Volcano Chicken at Chiang Mai Cafe in Brookfield WI. It is a Thai restaurant. I am not sure if Volcano Chicken is a traditional Thai dish, but its my fav.

You can be sure that it's not... the stuff served at Chinese restaurants is not eaten in China... heck the fortune cookie was even invented in the USA.

Some Thai places are closer to their cultural roots in terms of food tastes, or at least the basics of the dishes.

I'll take a heaping tray of Indonesian fruits...Guava, papaya, passion fruit, mangoes, rambutan, jackfruit, dragon fruit, bell fruit, and of course, DURIAN.

DURIAN: For those times when you want the smell of a dirty diaper while you eat.

I get this meal that is like Thai fried rice. Probably not very authentic, but its soooo good! 8/10 is as hot as I can stand it.

Heh, with every meal they bring a pitcher of water to the table, and a box of kleenex. Gotta love spicy Thai food!

Real Pad Thai and Kimchee if I can get it...

or any American Monsodium Glutamate if I can't.

Tuna sashimi,yellow tail sashimi or nigeri, tobico is my favorite right now.

edit for spelling

I love Vietnamese soup. First thing I do whenever I drive through a new town id to look for a restaurant thats name begins with "Pho". I'm not sure how authentic it is, but at the one I used to go to, I never saw another white person.
I actually stopped going there because they would absolutely ignore us whenever we would go in. They would walk right past us to refill someone elses drink and would just flat out ignore us, and where rude whenever they would toalk to us. We were always very polite, and I have never had a problem at any other Oriental restaurant, so I guess they were just trying to let us know that caucasians were not welcome. But, I found somewhere better, so I am happy now. I may actaully go get some now.

If you could only have one last meal at a Oriental restaurant (Chinese, Thai, etc), what would yours be?

Mine would be Volcano Chicken at Chiang Mai Cafe in Brookfield WI. It is a Thai restaurant. I am not sure if Volcano Chicken is a traditional Thai dish, but its my fav.

You can be sure that it's not... the stuff served at Chinese restaurants is not eaten in China... heck the fortune cookie was even invented in the USA.

Some Thai places are closer to their cultural roots in terms of food tastes, or at least the basics of the dishes.

What the heck !!! It ain't authentic Chinese? :0 , next your going to tell me that the food served at many of Americas Mexican restaurants isn't authentic Mexican food :whistling: .

:sign:

:cool:

Sushi: Tuna- yellow tail. Shrimp in Lobster sauce, Hot and Sour soup and a pluthera of spicy Thai food here. ;)