• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Life of Agony - "River Runs Red"

Drove the wife's Jeep today and was surprised to hear what was in the CD player. It instantly made me feel like a teenager again cruising around with the windows down listening to this. I can't remember the last time I played this (probably when I realized I wasn't as angry or depressed as teenagers are apt to think they are...). My band back then actually played "Method of Groove" in a high school talent show. I don't think we won... :/

Elle King this morning. It's good sitting-in-the-sun music, and definitely not what many would expect to find on my iPod (I have many such surprises). Rob Schneider's daughter is coming here in August, so I might go and see her live.

Reactions: AVB
Elle King this morning. It's good sitting-in-the-sun music, and definitely not what many would expect to find on my iPod (I have many such surprises). Rob Schneider's daughter is coming here in August, so I might go and see her live.

Saw her on Live at Daryl's House and got the album.

51pCIdq6y3L.jpg

Saw Clapton a few years ago (ok, at least 6 or 7 years ago) in Memphis. Roger Daltrey was supporting on that tour, and he completely blew EC away. Clapton was great, and I should have left happy, but Daltrey completely killed it in the 40 minutes or so he had on stage. Eric Clapton just seemed uninspired after that.

Lionel Hampton, with Charlie Shavers and Slam Stewart, playing Stardust. This sucker is older than me.

Tommy Emmanuel - Can't Get Enough
The Red Garland Quintet - All Mornin' Long
Bud Powell - The Amazing Bud Powell Vol. 1

Stumbled on this listening to Baroque Guitar on YouTube. Pretty great.

eta: Found this:
https://forgottenguitar.com/2016/02...the-sabionari-made-in-1679-video/#prettyPhoto

Legendary Italian luthier Antonio Stradivari is generally considered the most significant and greatest artisan in his field, constructing the world’s finest violins that today are sold for millions of dollars.

In his lifetime he (and the Stradivari family) produced over 1000 instruments, of which 960 were violins, however a small number of guitars were also crafted, and as of today only one remains playable.

Antonio Stradivari made the “Sabionari” guitar in 1679, however at the beginning of the nineteenth century, (like many other baroque guitars) it was augmented to follow the style of more modern instruments of that time.

Recently, Daniel Sinier and Francoise de Ridder restored it back to its original baroque configuration (documented in the fall 2014 #119 issue of American Luthier), with 4 double Catgut strings (A D G B) and a single E string. With fellow veteran luthier Lorenzo Frignani maintaining the instrument currently, keeping in a usable condition.

The “Sabionari” is owned by a private collector, and could be considered to be solely a museum piece. However in the clip below we can hear in action, as Baroque concert guitarist Rolf Lislevand performs Santiago de Murcia’s “Tarantela” using the Stradivarius guitar.

Last edited:
Just returned from a fishing trip in Canada and we listened to what one of the guys had on his phone. The group (10 guys) favorite was Gordon Lightfoot, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald played at least 5 time per evening, and for some reason it seemed appropriate, not sure why.

Listened to a bunch of Stephen Lynch last night. I can't post a video, because no topic is taboo with his brand of musical comedy. It's not for the easily offended.

Dixie Dregs - Unsung Heroes
Scott Henderson - Tore Down House

Decided to listen to the full Thick as a Brick album.
Read this "interview" with Ian Anderson giving some history.
Got me all fired up to listen to it...for the 499th time. :D

Interview: http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-08-01/jethro-tull-story-behind-thick-as-a-brick

Contains a link to a decent video of them doing a portion of it. I attended the 1978 Concert. "Bursting Out" in 1978, at Madison Square Garden. Right before I left NYC.

A nice little bit of Martin Barre. IMO, he is one of the most underrated guitarists in Rock (Mainstream..Peers give him a lot of Kudos). His solos are melodic, and not easy to play. A lot more pleasing to my ear than those "scale" solos that seem to be way overdone.

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy

It was an inadvertent play, actually (yay, touchscreen...), but the album came on and I let it go. Earphones in while working on the car... good times. I forgot how much this album meant to me in high school.