• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Decided to listen to the full Thick as a Brick album.
Read this "interview" with Ian Anderson giving some history.
Got me all fired up to listen to it...for the 499th time. :D

Interview: http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-08-01/jethro-tull-story-behind-thick-as-a-brick

Contains a link to a decent video of them doing a portion of it. I attended the 1978 Concert. "Bursting Out" in 1978, at Madison Square Garden. Right before I left NYC.

A nice little bit of Martin Barre. IMO, he is one of the most underrated guitarists in Rock (Mainstream..Peers give him a lot of Kudos). His solos are melodic, and not easy to play. A lot more pleasing to my ear than those "scale" solos that seem to be way overdone.
That album blew me away. Even better in concert, which is saying something, given the level of difficulty. Tonight I spun Who's Next. Don't get fooled again has special meaning for me. I interpret it as the anarchists anthem. If we ever break the spell we can only hope we ...
In honor of this quadrennial season, " Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!" :)

Last edited:
Keep rolling with some Static-X I started yesterday. I have a tendency to go on sessions with music (and TV for that matter). Once I start something I tend to replay it over and over until I need a change. For instance if I start listening to Tool, it'll be on a loop for a week or so.

Wasn't a fan until I saw them live. Holy hell, Chester can sing his balls off. I was really hoping he'd join Velvet Revolver after Scott departed.

I have a tendency to go on sessions with music (and TV for that matter). Once I start something I tend to replay it over and over until I need a change. For instance if I start listening to Tool, it'll be on a loop for a week or so.

Yep, I do very much the same. Years ago, it could be months or a year, easy, instead of a week or so. Makes for less knowledge and variety in the long run, but I think I know a lot of lyrics on those albums. hahaha.

I tend to mostly just stream Radio Paradise on my computer because they're always throwing something new and interesting into the mix. Right now they're playing some band called "Secret Machines" and it's just fantastic.

~Boar

John Scofield - A GO GO
Joe Pass - Virtuoso
Chuck Leavell - Forever Blue

Put (Mark) Tremonti - "All I Was" through my headphones at the gym, again.

Steve Vai - Passion And Warfare this morning

Some Bocelli and Fabian this morning. Not a huge fan of Bocelli, but I do like his "Romanza" CD. "Il Mare Calmo Della Sera" is probably my favorite track.

Lara Fabian, singing a lovely rendition of Caruso (my favorite):

Just saw Twenty One Pilots live in St. Louis. I was blown away by the talent of these two guys, and how incredible their performance was. Sounded amazing live. Some may not like their look, but let me tell you, these two take their craft very seriously and poured their hearts out that night.

I've seen a lot of musical acts live, and this was the best performance I've witnessed. True talent on display. Amazing.

Twenty One Pilots
My son likes them. He showed me some videos, starting with Heathens (from Suicide Squad. I'm assuming the same band). I was impressed. What struck me was the songs he shared with me each had their own unique personality.

My son likes them. He showed me some videos, starting with Heathens (from Suicide Squad. I'm assuming the same band). I was impressed. What struck me was the songs he shared with me each had their own unique personality.

I haven't heard that one yet, but have heard of it. The lead singer writes his songs as poetry and then fits them into a tune....and it's fantastic. Lots of tempo change and like you said, many songs have their own personality.

Make no mistake. These are not two punks being put out there by a big marketing group to make money. These are two highly talented guys that have been given nothing and very much give off the feeling they are only playing for fans, and nothing else. The lead singer plays like 6 instruments (piano, bass, percussion, ukulele, and many synthesizer type instruments.

Two artists, making music, and putting on a show that filled a huge arena. I think they played like 23 songs. Impressive.

Ghostland Observatory - Sad Sad City and Paparazzi Lightning are good intros to this band.

Jeff Buckley - One of my favorites. The entire Grace album is great.

I love the video, for Car Radio:

Yep, pretty solid. They do a great job of crowd interaction at the show. You see a lot of this type of thing, and the crowd knows what to do/expect. It's pretty cool watching it from the seats.