• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

I know I have that on vinyl now you're gonna make go look what color it is.

Well, mine's a Japanese pressing too which means I probably bought it in Japan but it is just black.

Black Vinyl Matters! Did you get a lot of vinyl while in Japan?

Black Vinyl Matters! Did you get a lot of vinyl while in Japan?
Black vinyl sounds better because it has more lubrication from the graphite used to make it black.

I spent 5 years in Japan total and bought a few hundred albums there over that time.

A little Steve Via Flexable and Alien Love Secrets this morning.

I'm late to the Cross Canadian Ragweed party, admittedly, but a friend posted something and I went down that rabbit hole last night on YouTube. CCR and Canada's post-CCR band, The Replacements, are some good stuff.

I'm late to the Cross Canadian Ragweed party, admittedly, but a friend posted something and I went down that rabbit hole last night on YouTube.

From Stillwater, OK.........home of the OSU Cowboys. Watched them numerous times, while attending OSU. Boys from Oklahoma is their most popular song.

hot-rocks.jpg

Got a hankering for "As Tears Go By". One of the first songs my first band learned. Re-mastered version on vinyl of course.

Doc

Last edited:
Speaking of the Stones, the remastered Vinyl mono box set is due to be released in Sept. for a paltry 319 dollars. Anyone getting it besides me? The Beatles' mono box was certainly worth the price of admission, in my opinion.

Doc

Anyone getting it besides me?
No plans as of yet, but I would like it. Right now I've got my eye on the Led Zeppelin Remasters.

Also, now you've got me listening to the Stones. Gave me a damn "ear worm".

Trivia question: Who is Merry Clayton? No prize, just a hearty pat on the back. I'll bet AVB knows.

Doc

So, who is she?

Doc

Merry Clayton is an American soul and gospel singer and an actress. She provided a number of back-up vocal tracks for major performing artists in the 1960s, most notably in her duet with Mick Jagger on the Rolling Stones song "Gimme Shelter."Wikipedia

That's right. The original "Give me Shelter" girl. She was in her bathrobe when she recorded the track. Latter that day she had a miscarriage. As far as I know, she never blamed losing the baby to the recording earlier that day.

Doc

Merry Clayton had a few challenges in life. Lost her legs, iirc, due to an auto accident.