• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

...and someone here wanted to learn how to become an audiophile.:rolleyes: Just hang on folks, it creeps out, taking your soul little by little, recording version by recording version. Soon, we'll have tutorials on how to read the dead wax. Yup, if you have vinyl, you have dead wax. Didn't know it 'til now, did yao_O.

Doc

I think that is the Steven Wilson masterd deal, but then I think there's a Wilson 45 Anni too. I listened to the 40th on Amazon Prime this a.m., and the sonics are definitely better. For instance, "Wind Up" has two guitars playing during the solo. Much more discernable on Wilson's...to my ears.

While there is a 45th Anni Wilson mix it isn't a new mix really but a "correction" with new packaging. On the 40th Box set you got the LP, 2 CDs a DVD and the Blu-ray. On the 45th you get 2 CDs (the same as the 40th) and 2 DVD's One is the same as the 40th and the other is parts, but not all, off the Blu-ray complied onto the DVD. Now for all that can't live with the supposed glitches on the 40th set, most have been corrected on this, the 45th, set. At least that is the way I understand it. So of course to cover all the bases you have to buy both :eek:

I'm embarrassed to say, that I've never listened to the entire album. I'm doing that now.

181132885894.jpg

Vol. 3

Doc

I was watching the Celebrating Bob Dylan concert on TV last night and Neil Young came out to do a rendition of All Along The Watchtower and it occurred to me that there is nobody, and I mean NOBODY in rock music over the last 40 years that enjoys playing the guitar more than he does. When he puts that stranglehold on Black Beauty and starts squeezing out those impossible sounds there isn't a happier person in the place. As one reviewer called it....chaos with a purpose.
You can read about the concert here or buy it here.

Started out spinning Simon and Garfunkel's greatest hits. Decided to go on YouTube to see how the old boys are holding up. Watched several clips from this concert:

Now I'm thinking about putting "Graceland" through its paces.

Hangin around here reading the audio and music posts motivated me to fire up the old fire bottles. Been warmed up for about 45 minutes while listening to the Allman Brothers Eat a Peach while enjoying a glass of iced tea and a RASS. Life is good.

Three by Crack the Sky this morning. I was up early to do some data transfer to the new server.
Animal Notes
Safety In Numbers
Raw

Dire Straits. Received an email that John Illsley had uploaded a new video, and that got me rolling. Now I'm back to watching some YouTube videos of Knopfler and also Illsley. I've always loved Knopfler's style. Here is a great one of Illsley's lil group playing Sultans of Swing:

Last edited:
Wakeman - Six Wives of Henry VIII....in Quad

Been listening to the new Rumjacks album, "Sleepin' Rough".

Solid as their first album, "Gangs of New Holland".

A Bluegrass super group and tribute band to Flatt and Scrugs. The Earls of Leicester, get it?:rolleyes: This is their latest effort.
29112_400x400.jpg

Doc

The Cheerful Insanity of Giles Giles and Fripp. I used to have a NM red vinyl Japanese original pressing of this. But now only have a well done burned copy of that pressing on CD.

The Cheerful Insanity of Giles Giles and Fripp. I used to have a NM red vinyl Japanese original pressing of this. But now only have a well done burned copy of that pressing on CD.
I know I have that on vinyl now you're gonna make go look what color it is.

Well, mine's a Japanese pressing too which means I probably bought it in Japan but it is just black.