• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

img_0

Rolling Stones: "It's only Rock and Roll"

Doc

G3 - Live in Denver

Depressing Memory-Of-The-Day: When I was in Technical School for the Air Force in 1996, I won tickets to the first G3 tour (Vai, Satch, and Paul Gilbert, IIRC). The concert was on a Wednesday, and our curfew was wicked early during the week, so I couldn't go... :(

Thanks for the chuckle. I find the thought of the Air Force and really strict in the same sentence amusing.

My wife is trying to force the Deftones on me. I've never, ever cared for this band, but I guess they are coming in November and she wants to go see them. So, she was excited and playing a lot of it last night.

My wife is trying to force the Deftones on me. I've never, ever cared for this band, but I guess they are coming in November and she wants to go see them. So, she was excited and playing a lot of it last night.
The Things We Do For Love - 10CC

Thanks for the chuckle. I find the thought of the Air Force and really strict in the same sentence amusing.

That was just Basic Training/Tech School. Once you graduate from Tech School they give you your country club membership card with sauna privileges and evening bed turndown on "deployments".

Reactions: AVB
Up to Santana on the Woodstock trail.

A little bit of everything today, letting my son pick random 70s rock CDs. Kid's got good taste in music. :D

Listened to Morcheeba yesterday and putting together a "mountain rock mix" for a camping trip this weekend. Not sure if I'll get to play it as the group may take over the bluetooth speaker, but nice to have for future occasions.

Given the opportunity, kids will pick good nearly every time.

Doc
He had fun. I think his favorite was Pink Floyd. Not too crazy about Tull. What I remember him playing more than one song on was Eagles, Don McLean, America, Dean Martin, Kansas, Billy Joel, and one Queen song, Bohemian Rhapsody, a few times. He loves the "wall of sound" my system puts out on some songs. I was quite pleased when he said it didn't seem like the sound was coming from the speakers. He's learning! I never tell him anything, and it's fun to see him "discover".

View attachment 13698

Spinning this on CD. Seriously considering the Steven Wilson Mix on 180gm Vinyl. Great Album, but I've never really been 100% happy with the recording, including the remastered.
And, I'm pretty sure I have every remastered version except the Steven Wilson.

eta: Reading this too. Article on Meridian's MQA technology
http://www.stuff.tv/features/everyt...qa-future-music-streaming#TWdbD7yuOMC6e6od.01

I think I have enough of this album too.
The original release
The Quad Release
The MFSL release
The first CD release
The 40th Anniversary Release Blu-ray Box set - which is worth every frickin' penny

The 40th Anniversary Release Blu-ray Box set - which is worth every frickin' penny
I think that is the Steven Wilson masterd deal, but then I think there's a Wilson 45 Anni too. I listened to the 40th on Amazon Prime this a.m., and the sonics are definitely better. For instance, "Wind Up" has two guitars playing during the solo. Much more discernable on Wilson's...to my ears.