• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

The Band after seeing this:

One of the greatest albums ever, IMO.

I ran into something cool yesterday on Youtube. I was listening to a mix of videos of The Quaker City Nighthawks (really been digging them lately) when different style song came on. Some guy named William Elliott Whitmore, pretty good stuff. Looks like a typical white Williamsburg Hipster but sounds like Richie Havens. Found a couple of his albums that I listened to and it's a nice change of pace.

Very tangential this morning. Went to Travelling Wilburys, to Jeff Lynne, and realized how well preserved his voice is.
I'm guessing he's 64 in this recording:

The Quintessential Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli - Le Quintette Du Hot Club De France

Gugun Blues Shelter - Set My Soul On Fire
Gugun Power Trio - Solid Ground

R-1809540-1465911143-6786.jpeg.jpg

Credited by Rolling Stone as ushering in the singer/songwriter era. He's also a local boy. I live in Merrimack County.

Back in my childhood, this fellow was a staple. I only have one CD; The Very Best of Vaughn Monroe. Remains one of my favorite baritones:

Sadly, Kids Bob number something or another...
Cleaned up an acre of leaves so I pulled out the fall time stuff.
Magnolia Electric Company...Bonnie Prince Billy...and of course some old Simon and Garfunkel.

Nina Simone - Nina Simone Sings The Blues
The Quintet - Jazz At Massey Hall

31AJ3C8RKML.jpg

I play this CD when I run across a Benatar hater. They always say, "Who's that?". When I tell them they always change their mind about her. This is her first and only Blues album. This tiny woman can sing. I saw her, with her husband, in a small venue a few years back. She doesn't need a PA. She knows how to sing.

Doc

31AJ3C8RKML.jpg

I play this CD when I run across a Benatar hater. They always say, "Who's that?". When I tell them they always change their mind about her. This is her first and only Blues album. This tiny woman can sing. I saw her, with her husband, in a small venue a few years back. She doesn't need a PA. She knows how to sing.

Doc

She certainly can. I saw her back in the prime spandex days the first time. She was still married to husband #1 (an Army guy) back then.

She certainly can. I saw her back in the prime spandex days the first time. She was still married to husband #1 (an Army guy) back then.
She doesn't play stadiums anymore but she could still wear spandex, if she had a mind to. I like to refer to her as the Ethel Merman of Rock and Roll.

Doc

Last edited:
Tab Benoit - Nice and Warm
Melvin Taylor & The Slack Band - Dirty Pool

41Je5dEyFTL._SX300_.jpg

Presently listening to "A Nod is as Good as a Wink...".

Doc