• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

I might have to rethink joining the VHerf…

“Pineapples and swingers... those are two words I bet you wouldn't see in the same sentence.
Apparently, a pineapple on your door is a way to let your neighbors know that you are a swinger. The pineapple represents 'hospitality and welcoming' according to eye spy investigations. A pineapple that is placed on your porch or mailbox by swingers lets everyone know that there is a swinger party going on. A pineapple that is turned upside down is when there is someone looking for a swinger party. Swingers also use the symbol to look for each other in public. It is also said that a pineapple left on your front door in the middle of the night is an invitation to join the swingers.”
Definitely not any swinging going down on the VHERF, well with the exception of @CigarStone and @jfields bromance,. But I hear even that relationship is souring, because Jeff won’t ever dress up and wear some heels every now and then… 😜

Another controversial album cover

Poor TAD

The cover for TAD's 3rd albun featured a modified photo that was found in a photo album bought in a thrift shop. I' guessing it was the hand placement that was changed but since the original has never been released it is impossible to know. Produced by Butch Vig the record was doing well and the group was gaining in popularity - enough so that eventually Rolling Stone rated them in the top 50 grunge groups of all time. Sometime between when the photo was taken and when it was released as the album cover the woman divorced the man, became born=again, remarried and saw the cover and sued the label since they never gave permission for it's use. She won the lawsuit which caused the label to recall all the albums to paste a new cover on them. Shortly after this happened she died and her sister asked the band for a signed copy of the original album to remember her by....or so the story goes.

Later the band released a single called Jack Pepsi and was sued by, you guessed it - Pepsi. Not for use of the name but the Pepsi trademark in the single's label.
TAD.jpg

Disclaimer: None of this story has any first hand knowledge from me.

Back