• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had my second bowl of Odyssey and I still think it's too one dimensonal and not even the best heavy latakia blend I've tried.

Key Largo - WOW, great balance with a reasonable amount of latakia that complements instead of overwhelms.

This and Habana Daydreams form C&D are two of my favorite tobaccos. They've both moved into my Top Ten. They are similar, but the burley in Habana Daydreams sets it apart just enough. These are the only cigar leaf blends I plan to smoke from now on.

I had a bowl of Habana Daydreams today.

A couple of bowls of Orlik Golden Slice in a Savinelli Tortuga

Had a little Carter Hall in a cob. Next I have planned a touch of Five Brothers once the cob cools down. Then, gonna fire up some penzance in my Curtis President a little later on.

Byron in Owensboro, KY

Two bowls tonight...Boswells Sweet Tea in a cob from a sample I received but never tried when I bought my Boswell a couple months back. Now I'm enjoying some Butternut Burley in the same cob while having a late night cup of Gloria Jeans French Vanilla Supreme coffee while I do some freelance work.

Ahhh, the joy of the pipe...life is good!

Got some Half & Half burning in a cob right now. My first dozen Petersons are due in today! Yeah, I'm excited :)

Byron in Owensboro, KY

Enjoyed some Carter Hall on the way to work today.

You know, that is the one drug store brand I've been looking for and no where around here sells it. Wal-Mart and Rite-Aid and Walgreens all have Prince Albert but no Carter Hall.

For the people that have bought it, what chain type drug stores have you seen it at?

You know, that is the one drug store brand I've been looking for and no where around here sells it. Wal-Mart and Rite-Aid and Walgreens all have Prince Albert but no Carter Hall.

For the people that have bought it, what chain type drug stores have you seen it at?

I buy mine at the local grocery. They have CH, Half&Half, Sir Walter Raleigh, and one other I can't remember. That's all the pipe tobacco they have and I think I've just about bought it all. A couple of the pouches are a little dusty. :laugh:

I'll probably order a tub once I'm ready for the next order. I smoke it in a cob while fishing and while mowing. I go through quite a bit (for me) during the temperate season.

I have yet to find it locally as well. I have to order it online. JR's carries it for a pretty decent price. 10 bucks for 6 pouches or the 14 ounce tub for 14 bucks.

Nice! Thanks for the tips. I've check the local grocery stores too, but to no avail. I still have a couple random places in town to check that may carry this.

I'd like to have some of this on hand just as something I could smoke without tiring while I do my art work and don't have to think about it, or use it as a blending tobacco.

How does it compare to Butternut Burley as a burley blend?

Nice! Thanks for the tips. I've check the local grocery stores too, but to no avail. I still have a couple random places in town to check that may carry this.

I'd like to have some of this on hand just as something I could smoke without tiring while I do my art work and don't have to think about it, or use it as a blending tobacco.

It's arguable as to whether CH has any "flavoring" added. I'm in the camp that says it doesn't, but others say they can detect it. Butternut Burley is a burley based aromatic, CH is a straight burley (or darn close even if you think it has "flavoring"). The nutty flavor is more pronounced with CH to me, but BB is sweeter. CH is also a little easier to keep lit for me.

Prince Albert and CH are my two favorite "drugstore" tobaccos. PA is a little rougher around the edges to me, though it has a bit more flavor. CH is smoother and seems to stay lit a little better for me. YMMV, of course.

I'd agree with the non-flavored burley comment. It's also sort of variable. Of 2 pouches I got recently, the second is distinctly different from the first, much sweeter.

It's arguable as to whether CH has any "flavoring" added. I'm in the camp that says it doesn't, but others say they can detect it. Butternut Burley is a burley based aromatic, CH is a straight burley (or darn close even if you think it has "flavoring"). The nutty flavor is more pronounced with CH to me, but BB is sweeter. CH is also a little easier to keep lit for me.

Prince Albert and CH are my two favorite "drugstore" tobaccos. PA is a little rougher around the edges to me, though it has a bit more flavor. CH is smoother and seems to stay lit a little better for me. YMMV, of course.

Thanks Alan & Psytek for the opinions. I'd ideally like to find a tub of the stuff, as from what I have read from here and TobaccoReviews the pouches tend to have a bit more inconsistency to them.

I have two tubs of Carter Hall that I bought about three weeks ago. I brought one home for myself and it is good and fresh. I can't match the $14 but I can do $15 plus shipping. If you are interested call me at the store in the morning 270-926-9617 and let me know.
As for it being flavored, it definitely has casing on it. I am a bit new to this stuff but I know casing can add a bit of flavor. Whatever it is, it is good stuff.

Byron in Owensboro, KY

Status
Not open for further replies.