• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Daughter in Law's birthday yesterday. Tradition around here is I'll cook anything you ask for. She chose baked chicken breasts with lemon, rosemary and garlic, Fettuccini Alfredo, and roasted beets. Desert was Chocolate peanut butter swirl brownies, with vanilla ice cream. Piece of cake.

Doc

Neapolitan Ragu served on a bed of cous-cous. Topped with pecorino Romano, along with French bread and Dago-red made by my brother.

Doc

Blood sausage on a bun, topped with a fried egg.
2wp6ts7.jpg

Chicken Cordon Bleu. My local supermarket does these pre-made, cook at home stuffed chicken breasts. I usually get the asparagus, Havarti, and prosciutto, but they were out. The Cordon Bleu was pretty awesome as well!

~Boar

Just put, what I'll call, a "Hail Mary Mac & Cheese" in the oven. I went a little crazy at the Murray's Cheese shop, and got "some" :D cheeses on clearance. Made a nice Bechamel, added the cheeses, some leftover Ricotta, and topped with Fresh Mozz. We'll see. I let my Son pick the cheeses. Pro nobis, ut Deus.

Just put, what I'll call, a "Hail Mary Mac & Cheese" in the oven. I went a little crazy at the Murray's Cheese shop, and got "some" :D cheeses on clearance. Made a nice Bechamel, added the cheeses, some leftover Ricotta, and topped with Fresh Mozz. We'll see. I let my Son pick the cheeses. Pro nobis, ut Deus.
I'd like to see a pic of that!

Taking the day off. Made another Dutch Baby alongside some apple cinnamon breakfast sausages I picked up at the market. I followed a different recipe for the Dutch Baby which called for a longer cooking time in the oven. The difference is pretty noticeable. It definitely rose higher and had more browning. Planning on working some of this off by heading to the rink for some practice.
105dxjn.jpg

I'd like to see a pic of that!
Oops! Just saw this. We made it all gone. Not impressive looking. All white due to all white cheeses. Pretty tasty, but next time I need to add something, maybe romano, to bump up the "sharpness".

Taking the day off. Made another Dutch Baby alongside some apple cinnamon breakfast sausages I picked up at the market. I followed a different recipe for the Dutch Baby which called for a longer cooking time in the oven. The difference is pretty noticeable. It definitely rose higher and had more browning. Planning on working some of this off by heading to the rink for some practice.
105dxjn.jpg

Nice mug!

Tonight I am playing with my new immersion circulator. The menu: ribeye steaks, butter poached garlic rosemary potatoes and glazed carrots. All prepared "sous vide".
Earlier I made a tuna steak for lunch using the sous vide method. It was by far the best I have prepared.

While it may be too early for traditional Christmas tamales, it's never too early for tamales in my opinion. I helped my mom all day long, as I have the past 5 or so years, and we cranked out a batch. Pictured is a cheese and chili one on the left side and a chicken one on the right. We also made some pork ones as well as sweet pineapple ones. We also made some champurrado to drink.
35cg714.jpg