• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

I posted this in the wrong forum yesterday. Just had both as leftovers for dinner just now.

Got my cooking for the week done. Turkey chili baked in pumpkins. I added some dried guajillo chilies in which I tried to re-hydrate by steaming for 20 minutes. Not enough as they are still far too chewy. Next time I'll steam longer and blend them in instead of just slicing them. Had some lemons from a buddy's tree that have been sitting there and ready to turn. I found an easy recipe for a shaker lemon pie and gave it a try. Turned out pretty well, although I wish the thicker slices of lemon were more tender.

9u16j4.jpg

Made a few loaves of bread from scratch, turned out pretty tasty. I think I let them rise a little too much, in the loaf pans, next time I'll cut down on that time. May make a few more tonight, things like this don't last long at our house.

20161206_214344.jpg

Last edited:
Made a few loaves of bread from scratch, turned out pretty tasty. I think I let them rise a little too much, in the loaf pans, next time I'll cut down on that time. May make a few more tonight, things like this don't last long at our house.

View attachment 14592

They look freaking delicious. Recipe? These would be great to make for Christmas dinner.

Taquitos! Damn, I love them. I like using Ground beef, a just a kiss of cumin, some Cilantro, Boar's Head White American Cheese, and other standard fare.

Taquitos! Damn, I love them. I like using Ground beef, a just a kiss of cumin, some Cilantro, Boar's Head White American Cheese, and other standard fare.

Nothing quite like the armpit scent of Cumin....

Turned some pesto-marinated chicken breast from last night's dinner into chicken quesadillas for lunch today . . . because everything's improved by loads of gooey melted cheese and jalapenos!

~Boar

oi..too many places or products really use way too much. It's cheap and potent, so "let's imply it's Mexican or Indian by using a shit ton".

I used to make a chicken soup that had copious amounts of cumin in it. Damn it was delicious.

Think my wife " lost" the recipe because I made it too much. Lol.

Tonight I made potato and leek soup. Leeks, butter, potatoes, chicken broth, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, and cream. Simple, but quite satisfying!
Earlier I smoked some fish (striped bass) my boss gave me. It will be tasty Monday.

We went to Red Lobster. They sent me a hefty gift card. I had a Shrimp Linguine Alfredo, Langostino Lobster tails, Mashed Potato, Apple pie sort of thing with ice cream and lotsa coffee. My son copied my order except for desert and a soda. He had some sort of molten choc chip cookie dealio, topped with ice cream. Had a great server too. I'm still full, and trying not to fall asleep too early. :confused:

We went to Red Lobster. They sent me a hefty gift card. I had a Shrimp Linguine Alfredo, Langostino Lobster tails, Mashed Potato, Apple pie sort of thing with ice cream and lotsa coffee. My son copied my order except for desert and a soda. He had some sort of molten choc chip cookie dealio, topped with ice cream. Had a great server too. I'm still full, and trying not to fall asleep too early. :confused:

No lobster mac and cheese?

I'm sensing a theme and all I can say is si se puede! I just happened to grab a bunch of pollo asado from the local Mexican supermarket that I'm going to grill up in a few minutes.
Ok, I didn't have Mexican yesterday. But oddly enough, Green Chile (Colorado style), likely to smother beef, bean and cheese burritos tonight!