• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats your job?

I am a Manufacturing Manager for a company that makes bushings for high current transformers.

Im a graphicdesigner, working for a healthcare company called Natumin Pharma. And i also make shure every computer and the servers work as they should.

And im living in Sweden. ;)

On a serious note, I am an Operations Manager for USL Manufacturing. Universal Sports Lighting We design, market and build sports lighting systems for all markets. It's more than likely that you have something I had a part in making in your town or a town nearby.

Locomotive Engineer for CSX Transprotation. Mostly I sit on my ass and push the gas. :p ;) Great thing is I get to smoke cigars while at work. :love:

Maggs44 said:
JonB said:
my dad and i just started our own business. we do this stuff: www.spray-crete.com
Jon
Some of those sample pics on your web site are so cool. I have seen that sort of thing on the fix it, home improvement shows.
thats the site of the company we buy the material from, our site isnt done yet.

Wascal said:
Locomotive Engineer for CSX Transprotation. Mostly I sit on my ass and push the gas. :p ;) Great thing is I get to smoke cigars while at work. :love:
In the seat? Or when you are walking around on safety checks?

I know a couple of guys at BNSF & UP (SoCal). They are forever bustin' my balls about getting to smoke on the job.......BASTARDS!

M. Gipson

In the seat. ;) Watching the view roll by, wildlife, barebreasted young ladies, fishermen, all the while enjoying a stogie or 3. They even pay me. :0

I Manage a speed/audio/acc. shop.........

I love cars and F'ing them up with anything I can bolt to them, in them or on them.

Still have plans of opening a cigar shop soon as well.

STYX&STONED said:
I Manage a speed/audio/acc. shop.........

I love cars and F'ing them up with anything I can bolt to them, in them or on them.

Still have plans of opening a cigar shop soon as well.
have you ever put a custom humidor in a car?

I missed the techie thread, will have to find it.

I am an IT whore as well. Right now I do account and file security and change/add/moves for a major airline. I work for a large IT outsourcing company in Plano, TX.

I have a BS in Environmental Science (degree in Unemployment), but didn't find a job in the field so started working IT to pay the bills; still doing it 8 years later.

Matt

I am an Electronics Technician (E-6) in the Coast Guard. Currently the Navigation Systems work center supervisor on the Cutter Thetis. In a few days I will tack on hte title of Shop Supervisor. I have experience in a whole slew of equipment. HF, UHF, VHF radios; Radio Beacon transmitter for aircraft navigation; Surface Search radar system; Electronic Warfare; Diferential Beacon Transmitter for DGPS; Tactical Computer Network; Direction Finding Equipment; and the list goes on and on and on...

Emo

I'm a psychologist and work in a counseling center at a university.

txmatt said:
I missed the techie thread, will have to find it.

I am an IT whore as well. Right now I do account and file security and change/add/moves for a major airline. I work for a large IT outsourcing company in Plano, TX.

I have a BS in Environmental Science (degree in Unemployment), but didn't find a job in the field so started working IT to pay the bills; still doing it 8 years later.

Matt
An Environmental degree in Texas........and couldn't find a job? Is it on the Hazardous Materials side or the tree hugging ecology side?

I was in Hazardous Waste........... The industry is growing, but the profits shrinking...........

Environmental Science - a degree in uemployment.........that is TFF :p

M. Gipson

My job is to piss my boss off. I do it damn well... :)

In all seriousness, I get paid to chat with you folks on these boards all day.

:lookup:

Okay, so maybe that's not REALLY true. Just partially. I also get paid to manage marketing and finance campaigns for IBM.

txmatt said:
I have a BS in Environmental Science (degree in Unemployment),
My wife has a BS in chemistry and an MS in Environmental Studies. She's "lucky" though and works in her area of study.

Owner/Operator of a small nutrition store. We sell mostly supplements and sports nutrition. Been doin' it for 10 years now and still lovin' it. There is nothing like being your own boss :D

gawntrail said:
An Environmental degree in Texas........and couldn't find a job? Is it on the Hazardous Materials side or the tree hugging ecology side?

I was in Hazardous Waste........... The industry is growing, but the profits shrinking...........

Environmental Science - a degree in uemployment.........that is TFF :p

M. Gipson
Well I did my initial job hunting in Ohio, and started the IT trend there as well; get this working at a STEEL company! LOL It was in the tree hugging side I guess, but I got into arguements with what I called "greenies" all the time. I specialized in fisheries management, have some graduate level coursework even. But I was looking at going back for a master's in order to make 24k a year starting when I decided to give up on the field.

Texas is not as polluted as the Left wants people to believe. Saying it has the most pollution is easy considering its land mass and number of metropolitan areas. If we could just get rid of Houston California would get the title back.

I moved down here for my wife's job when she graduated college and started with TI. I only got to play hookie for 3 weeks before finding a job again.

MAtt

Professional international/domestic heavy freight forwarder. 28yrs this month. My only adult career, and back at it again in DFW....FMF...

Send me all your imports/exports/ltl/ftl/lcl/fcl biz.........I have a kid to support!!

FULLMOONFRENZY//aka Logisticsqueen//BeckyKidwill@yahoo.com

lucasbuck said:
Owner/Operator of a small nutrition store. We sell mostly supplements and sports nutrition. Been doin' it for 10 years now and still lovin' it. There is nothing like being your own boss :D
Hey Craig,

Got any openings? :D

I'm "between jobs" and looking to "change careers" (that means I'll try anything :D )