• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

White Sox vs. Twins!

Without Hunter and Santana, the payroll is the lowest it's been for a while. That's with wasting about $10 million on guys like Lamb, Monroe, and Hernandez, although arguments can be made that they served their purpose while the young guys were learning early in the year.

No way does Hunter make this catch.

This is a pretty funny take on the White Sox.

You're right about the catch, not many are going to be making that catch.

However, Monroe has picked up his game since the All Star break and he's still only 22. He's younger than Gomez. I still hold out hope on his upside.

You're right about the catch, not many are going to be making that catch.

However, Monroe has picked up his game since the All Star break and he's still only 22. He's younger than Gomez. I still hold out hope on his upside.

You me Young?

He's done pretty good, not the power that the Twins were expecting, but his average is up around .300. Plus, he has a cannon out in left field.
Not many teams will try to run on him.

I thought this is appropriate :whistling:

Sweep.jpg

Just watching how the Sox play, you can tell they will not go far in the playoffs. That is, IF they make it to the playoffs.

Oh well, I guess I can root for the bears, no wait, cancel that. Bears are finished. :angry: .....Cubbies it is. :sign:

What an exciting series that was. I still can't believe the Twins' bullpen performed the way they did. Wednesday and Thursday a combined 11 2/3 innings, 3 hits, 3 walks, 0 runs. Unbelievable.

I hope the team doesn't have a letdown. The Royals are playing pretty good ball right now. If they blow this trip to the playoffs, I may shed a tear. I don't think I could handle a 1 game playoff if the White Sox sweep Detroit either.

Baseball sure is fun sometimes! :)

I almost cried myself to sleep last night. What a disappointing loss.
Great time to be a Twins and White Sox fan. This will definately go to the wire. I am hoping for a 1 playoff game at the Cell. Sweet redemption!

The Twins won because they scored their runs the same way they have all year. Speed kills!

The bullpen came through when they most needed it. Still hard to believe Nathan has blown three saves in the last month or so.

Liriano goes tonight, the best guy for this situation. I don't think he's capable of a let down. KC is playing tough, 8-2 in their last 10 and Cleveland is 7-3. Should be some great baseball this weekend in Mpls and Chi-town.

Only caught the 10th inning of the game. I heard the 8th and 9th on the radio. :angry:

Thursday night Herf at Al's put a hold on the game. (I was torn between the game and the herf) :0

I guess everything works out in the end. (If you're a Twins fan) :whistling:

An ugly game last night by Liriano, fortunately, the White Sox pitched as bad.

He did struggle, but Kyle Davies had the Twins baffled at the plate. Striking out eight and never allowing more than one hit in an inning is pretty impressive considering the Twins had been destroying the baseball the last 3 games. The Royals have won 12 of 14 and 7 straight on the road. The Twins had better be done taking them lightly, the Royals are playing some of their best baseball of the year right now.

I hope Cleveland can keep up their good play, as well. I think the Twins are going to need the help.

I cant wait for The White Sox vs The Twins at the Cell!! Oh how sweet it would be to beat them in our house!

Should be fun too see Big Game Freddy Garcia pitch for the Tigers today against the Sox! I have a feeling we will light him up!

I cant wait for The White Sox vs The Twins at the Cell!! Oh how sweet it would be to beat them in our house!

Should be fun too see Big Game Freddy Garcia pitch for the Tigers today against the Sox! I have a feeling we will light him up!

T-I-G-E-R-S!!! :laugh:

I love this stuff, but I really hate this stuff.

According to what I just heard on the radio if the White Sox win today they and the Twins will have the same overall record, the same road record, the same home record, and the same record in the division. Talk about an even race!

Go Tigers!

So its come to this!

Well tomorrow night's game should be a good primer for the Playoffs.

GO TWINS!!! :thumbs:

The Sox are going with another pitcher on three days rest. The Twins send out Blackburn.

The playoffs start tomorrow! :thumbs: