• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who's braving the cold?

chiefmd

Bone Fixer
For those of us less fortunate who do not have the infamous man cave yet, we have to brave the winter cold to enjoy our cigars. Who's been caught outside shivering while enjoying a good cigar? I just recently purchased a tabletop gas heater and they are the best. Recommend for anyone who has to be outside in the winter to smoke.

Often I work outside for my job. Tonight I am working in Cambridge, MA (at midnight!) and will enjoy a cigar while doing outside sound measurements (for environmental noise control). Have not decided on what I will bring, most likely a cheapo Victor Sinclair Legacy Churchill. No smoking in my new place this winter, it is too nice!

I was just saying to a friend that it is great the winter is starting so late in our area (Southern NH) so we get to have a few more good smokes. But to me I want winter to just hit already to get it over with and get in the grove of being in the cold. I work outside on roofs (commercial heating and air conditioning tech.) mostly all day everyday so having a smoke outside in the winter is no problem. Hell i just light a fire in the yard. :p

I brave the cold sometimes, but my cold isn't really bad. If I don't want to brave the cold in the backyard, I take the 10 min drive to my local lounge and sit in the comfy leather recliners and watch the 6 big screen tvs that are on the walls.

Somehow I don't feel too sorry for you. :laugh:
Capture.png

Wuss. :p

It's gorgeous here! Nice and crisp, the way a displaced Viking on the shores of the Gulf likes it. Summer is when I can't stand smoking outdoors in CC . . . but mostly I smoke in my 'puter room, because I can't stand to be away from the internet. :rolleyes:

~Boar

If I'm sitting outside with a friend smoking, drinking and BS'ing, then the time goes by and I don't even notice the cold too much. I like to sit outside and read, though, and when my fingers go numb I am really not enjoying the cigar too much anymore. What's the point?

I've got it pretty good here in Charlotte. It's been unseasonably warm, still occasionally hitting 70. I've got a kerosene heater and two deck chairs in the garage. We sit out with door open looking like a couple of hillbillies squatting in suburbia. Good times.

I've been hanging Christmas lights the last two days and it's so warm I have to wait for the sun to go down before I get on the roof! Mid 80s in late November........I love SoCal!

Wuss. :p

It's gorgeous here! Nice and crisp, the way a displaced Viking on the shores of the Gulf likes it. Summer is when I can't stand smoking outdoors in CC . . . but mostly I smoke in my 'puter room, because I can't stand to be away from the internet. :rolleyes:

~Boar

I agree. Winter never gets too cold for me, but 100* and 98% humidity in the summer drives me indoors!

I smoke a cigar every night throughout the winter. Lust put on enough layers and keep changing hands.

Hey, we got down to 33 here in my little Louisiana town last night. When I get home tonight I am putting up my smoking tent. It will seat about eight and it will have heat. When the bowl game get here it will even have TV so we can sit outside, smoke, drink and enjoy the games. I am not so good posting pics on here, but I will try after I get it setup.

+2 br174.

chiefmd, I tried a tabletop heater and just wasn't cutting it for the cold weather up here. I actually went thru 5 different heaters before I ended with this one at Lowes. 41 btu's, runs on regular propane tanks and lasts quite a bit. I have it in my screened porch. May put in windows next year to thoroughly enjoy it. Unfortunately I'm unable to smoke in my man attic (wife) but occasionally smoke in my neighbors man cave.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9240]

Today was the first day it was a bit uncomfortable smoking outside. That said, if I want to smoke, there isn't much that will deter me, save keeping smoke away from my boy.

No better way to smoke in the cold weather than in a HOT TUB. My after work smoke is with a book and most of the time a cocktail. Depending on the weather the water is between 101 to 105. Unless it's above 70 degrees and not raining; the hot tub is it!

I finally broke down tonight and fire up the Mr. Heat propane heater in the garage. It worked good for now. My son came home and came in the garage and said "man you are dedicated". I took that as a compliment!

Enjoyed a Vino tonight and endured the cold to do so. Just bundle up. Got the wife a Snuggie for X-Mas so she will be warmer out there.

I'm putting together a man cave from a spare bedroom this week... hope to have it done by bowl season. Might have only have lawn chairs and a tv for the first couple of months. Already found a large air purifier and a window fan that blows out.... that will do until I can install a vent later this month.