• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

World Cup 2010 South Africa

Wow...pure class from the Germans.

X2, even though the Refs screwed the pooch again (such an easy call).

They (Germany) looked great and their counter attacks were spot on. I think England's keeper should have been able to stop a couple of shots, wonder if the English fans would have rather had Green back in?

Ken

Netherlands vs. Brazil on Friday! This, along with a possible Argentina vs. Spain semi-final on the other side of the draw, could be one of the games of the tournament. I thought the Netherlands looked really good today. Although, I was sorry to see them shut it down after the first goal. The last 25 minutes of the first half looked like an Italy game at times. Still, apart from the two defensive lapses in the second half, I thought the Netherlands defended very well. And, when they came forward, they showed real purpose and creativity with the ball.

In the other game, I thought the first thirty minutes or so were wonderful. Chile plays a very attractive attacking style and will certainly be a team to watch out for in the coming years. But Brazil was just too strong for them today. I am really looking forward to Friday!

Edit: Spelling

So, the quarters are now set. Uruguay, Argentina, and Spain should be reasonably safe bets. As for the Netherlands/Brazil game, I'll go with my boys!

As I've stated early on...don't overlook the Germans. They are the classic example of a team being more than the sum of its parts...and England being the opposite of that.

The Germans have certainly impressed, a great deal more than I expected. They have played some very attractive football. And I agree, they do seem to be more than the sum of their parts. However, I just think the Argentinians will prove too much for them to handle. It should be a great game. But I do expect Argentina to meet, and actually beat, Spain in the semi-finals.

The Germans have certainly impressed, a great deal more than I expected. They have played some very attractive football. And I agree, they do seem to be more than the sum of their parts. However, I just think the Argentinians will prove too much for them to handle. It should be a great game. But I do expect Argentina to meet, and actually beat, Spain in the semi-finals.

I agree, but Argentina has a tough road ahead. The Germans will give them a tough time, as will Spain (if they get that far). I still think Brazil has the best chance of taking it all due to their schedule and team strength. If you were able to watch the Brazil-Chile game, Brazil never let up on the pressure and hustle.

Ken

Brazil looked very strong against Chile. I am particularly impressed with how well they defend. This is one of the most complete Brazilian teams we have seen in some time. But, to be fair, in Chile, they were facing an opponent that, while exciting and creative coming forward, left some rather gaping defensive holes. The Brazilians will certainly be tough to beat. But I do think that the Dutch are much better defensively than are the Chileans. The Dutch seem to be flying under the radars of most analysts. I think we may be in for something special on Friday...

I really think that Germany vs. Argentina will be a great game. Germany has played extremely well and it should be a close game. I want Uruguay to win for some US revenge over Ghana. I think the Netherlands have coasted in with one of the easiest schedules, Brazil should win that match easily.

I'm holding out for a Brazil vs Argentina final.

I think the Germans may have something to say about that dream matchup of Brazil v. Argentina. I'm looking forward to watching the Germany-Argentina game Saturday morning!

Happy trails Brazil!!! Oranje! Oranje! Oranje!!! First team through to the semis.

What an exciting game! I intend to smoke something great tonight to celebrate!

Great second half by Netherlands. Early it looked like Brazil was going to win in a rout.

Great match minus the Incessent diving by both sides. Glad to see the Brazilians going home.

Ghana had atleast 3 chances to win. But i dont agree with Uruguay's players standing in the goal pretending to be goalie swatting the ball down to the ground. What assholes they take the red card instead of a deserved loss.

Ghana had atleast 3 chances to win. But i dont agree with Uruguay's players standing in the goal pretending to be goalie swatting the ball down to the ground. What assholes they take the red card instead of a deserved loss.

Don't you think taking the red card to stop the opposing team from the win was a good play? If you could win the supperbowl on a pass interference wouldn't you ? YMMV but I thought it was a great play.

Don't you think taking the red card to stop the opposing team from the win was a good play? If you could win the supperbowl on a pass interference wouldn't you ? YMMV but I thought it was a great play.

I guess its good strategy but just like diving it might get them ahead i still believe stuff like that is unsporting. But to a degree they did stop the ball with their hands and ghana did get a PK and missed so all is fair i guess Ghana screwed themselves.

I guess its good strategy but just like diving it might get them ahead i still believe stuff like that is unsporting. But to a degree they did stop the ball with their hands and ghana did get a PK and missed so all is fair i guess Ghana screwed themselves.

I'm sure the loss will be bitter for Ghana. But I really don't think the deliberate handball was the equivalent of a dive. There was no attempt to trick the ref into making a bad call. The player didn't try to get around the rules. He took his red card. He faced a choice between a taking a red card or the end of the tournament for his team. In that situation, it probably wasn't a tough choice for him.

It sure was an exciting day. And tomorrow should be a good one too. The Germany/Argentina game should be great, especially after all the trash talking that has been going on. To those of you who will be watching, enjoy!

It was the right move by Suarez to handle it there and take the red. He figured they lost anyway but this way there was a chance at least. He was beside himself leaving the pitch in tears. When Asamoah missed he immediately went from tears to sheer joy. It was quite a moment and an incredible end to the match.

I feel truly bad for Asamoah as he inconsolable after the match. There were 3 Ghanaians trying to pick him up off the pitch and the hopes of a continent died on his foot. Tough pill to swallow for sure.

I'm sure the loss will be bitter for Ghana. But I really don't think the deliberate handball was the equivalent of a dive. There was no attempt to trick the ref into making a bad call. The player didn't try to get around the rules. He took his red card. He faced a choice between a taking a red card or the end of the tournament for his team. In that situation, it probably wasn't a tough choice for him.

It sure was an exciting day. And tomorrow should be a good one too. The Germany/Argentina game should be great, especially after all the trash talking that has been going on. To those of you who will be watching, enjoy!

I stayed off the internet yesterday because I was DVRing the Brazil game...and I have to say I am shocked! It truly shows that the Netherlands team has some talent. Not many teams would take advantage of Brazil for that 10 minute snooze.