• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your favorite band.

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Reaction score
My favorite band is Jethro Tull, I've been a fan since the 70s and have seen them twice in concert.

Second on my list is Judas Priest, but I like the older stuff for example "Diamonds and Rust" "Rocka Rolla" compared to the newer stuff.

And a final question, what song did you list as your favorite in your Sr. Yearbook?

I put: Behind Blue Eyes - The Who

i like Toby Keith and then for rock ac/dc kiss etc.

sr year book i think it was ride the lightning by metallica.

H.I.M. is definitely my favorite band. I recommend checking them out if you havent heard of them.

If you use number of recordings as a gauge, then it's Frank Zappa by a longshot (14 CD's out of a 500 CD collection)...he outnumbers 2nd place by 2:1. I saw him twice in concert.

If you want to know the single most played CD in the collection...On Your Feet or On Your Knees by Blue Oyster Cult (it's a live recording). I saw them once.

Music I listened to as a teenager and still like....(longest liked?)...Led Zeppelin with Yes a close second (saw them both once).

HS yearbook entry....it's a long story of teenage angst and school board rezoning....my only appearance in my senior HS yearbook is my name in the name index in the back...next to my name it says "picture not available". Needless to say, I didn't buy one. :laugh:

bursty said:
H.I.M. is definitely my favorite band. I recommend checking them out if you havent heard of them.
[snapback]246263[/snapback]​

Thats my 15 year-old's favorite band... I've certainly heard (of) them lol, and they are pretty good.

Wombat said:
I'm going with Marillion. Who has heard of them?
[snapback]246281[/snapback]​

I have... but they are so 80s lol

Favorite band....
hmm, that depends on language and by band are we defining it by acoustic... or group of people collaborating on a project?

Spanish....Juan Luis Guerra & 440 or for the old fogerty in me El Gran Combo or Hector Lavoe...Gypsy kings...Manolo Vargas (Andalusian Flamenco)...Shakira...

English.... The Ramones...Queen...Nina Simone ( Jazzmasters)...Shakira

Persian... Not a band but a great musicians / singers... Arash Daneshzadeh and Googoosh.

Arabic...Hmm that would be really hard to pick considering I love so many. Shakira...EL Ghiwane and Larbi Batma (80's)

My all time favorite would have to be The Beatles even though I've taken a bit of a break from them lately. Jimmy Buffet (not really a band) would be a VERY close 2nd.

Right now I am really liking a lot of Blues stuff, Johnny Cash, and a lot of older country/Blue Grass (Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, etc.).

I have pretty diverse tastes in music. Sometimes I'll go from Audioslave to Eminem to The Beatles to SRV to Hoagy Carmichael to Ozzy to who knows what in the same day.

Favorite band is easily The Who. I'm just about as fanatic about this band as anyone I know (a little left of center, so to speak!) :rolleyes:

Darren

I'll go with Led Zeppelin as favorite band.
Metallica, Floyd, Steve Miller, so many others.......

If I did put a song in my yearbook (those years are still fuzzy) It would have been dazed & confused.

Wombat said:
I'm going with Marillion. Who has heard of them?
[snapback]246281[/snapback]​

Hell yeah!! killer prog rock band. Though I know there's an ongoing battle about which lead singer is better (Hogarth versus Fish) I'd take Fish anyday! His song writing and singing are second to none. Just one listen to Misplaced Childhood and I was hooked!

Darren

Back in the day, when I was (a lot) younger and rock was (a lot) better, it was always The Who for me.

I was lucky enough to see them a couple of times live. I'll never forget the first time, when Roger Daltrey hit the high note at the end of "Love Reign O'er Me". I knew it was coming, but I never thought he'd be able to make it (outside of the recording studio). Wow--he nailed it! Fantastic!

That stuff is truly classic .

SteveD.
b8f49505.gif

PTownshend said:
Favorite band is easily The Who. I'm just about as fanatic about this band as anyone I know (a little left of center, so to speak!) :rolleyes:

Darren
[snapback]246305[/snapback]​

You like The Who? huh, never would have guessed. :laugh:

Led Zepplin and Johnny Cash are my all time favorites. Recent bands would probably be 12 Stones and Anberlin

1. Dave Matthews Band
2. Widespread Panic

They all kinda blur after that. Favorite solo preformer is James Taylor by far. He's great.