• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your favorite band.

Islesfan said:
RUSH....if you ever get a chance to see them Live, you will not forget it
[snapback]246355[/snapback]​

My cousin got me into Rush many years ago..... saw them on their last go around and have to agree... those guys kick ass!! Then again, living near Canada, we in Buffalo are ALL adopted Rush fans!!

Darren

I'm not much into bands. I prefer songs over whole bands because there are very few bands that (IMO) are consistantly good. Obviously my very favorites woiuld be the Bands my brother was a part of: though they all released CDs, they remained motown area bands (Detroit, Flint, etc) and only one has gone national and not very big yet. They would be Sweet Teaze (80s),
Sage (Early 90s), Motherload (Mid 90s), and Black Magic Crossing with Hush (Current - National). Also, Troy, lead singer for Sage, has started a new band out of CA called W!CK. It's a goth/metal band and I like them alot.

If I had one favorite band national band (one I think is consistantly good) it would have to be Barenaked Ladies. Also (not a band) I've rewally like almost everything by Wierd Al. My favorite music styles are: musicals, metal and humor.

Weird, huh?

-K-

Shiba said:
My favortie band is the one on the OPUS X ;)
[snapback]246283[/snapback]​
To tie this in... Kansas is my favorite band by far.

The tie? On the Leftoverture album there was a group of tidbits called "Magnum Opus"

They were originally going to nae the album Magnum Opus and the tidbits Leftoverture, but were talked into changing it around. The rest as they say is rock n roll history.

Led Zepplin
U2
Queen (Fat-Bottomed Girls)
Rolling Stones
Johnny Cash
Pink Floyd
Mott the Hoople
David Bowie
Rush
Jeff Beck
CCR
Hot Tuna
Bob Marley
Vasser Clemons/Doug Kershaw
(saw them play together at Mole lake Great Northern Bluegrass Festival)
Doc/Merle Watson
Johnny Lee Hooker

Those were the days. Now days I only burn my fingertips with tasty cigars.

grand cru no 2 said:
Soundgarden
Guns n Roses
Bob Segar
Metallica
Thin lizzy
Aerosmith
[snapback]246323[/snapback]​

I knew you rocked Ray. But you got to spell it right, Bro. :p

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet band is my alltime favorite. Bob writes all of his own material and is one of the most under-publicized all time greats. He puts on one hell of a show and his lyrics are that of a poet. Awesome music!!!

Heres a few more I really like.

Styx

George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers

Alice in Chains

and my vote for the best band that never went anywhere... 4 non blondes. Linda Perry has a voice to die for.

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Thin Lizzy
Jim Croce
The Four Horsemen
Zwarte

As long as you are asking, the best album is Guns N' Roses / Appetite For Destruction

My wife always picks on me saying that I have a different favorite song and band every day, which is some times true depending on my mood. I'll list a few that come to mind immediately:

Pink Floyd
The Doors
The Beattles
The Who
Rush
Beck
Pearl Jam
Grateful Dead
Nirvana
AC/DC
Def Leppard
Godsmack
Rage Against the Machine
Stone Temple Pilots
Lynard Skynard
CCR

Iron Maiden, gotta love Eddie out on stage! Three headed guitar monster now.
Priest/Halford saw them opening for KISS in 1978, hooked ever since.
UFO, classic metal.
Thin Lizzy, Cowboy Song 'nuff said.
Ramones, RIP Joey.

Greetings! My favorite rock band was The Yardbirds. I especially liked their "Heartful of Soul" recording. Our high school graduating class of 1968 official song was "We Gotta Get Out of This Place", by The Rolling Stones. I still enjoy listening to The Doors, and most of the old numbers from the band, Chicago. Regards, knightlaird

Dream Theater
Rush
Nightwish
Pink Floyd
Megadeth

I love progressive rock, if you can't tell. I just saw Megadeth (4th time) co/headline with Dream Theater (2nd time) on Gigantour and I saw Rush for the first time last year during the 30th Anniversary tour. They were all awesome live.

That was the Animals with Eric Burdon who sang that song.

knightlaird said:
Our high school graduating class of 1968 official song was "We Gotta Get Out of This Place", by The Rolling Stones. Regards, knightlaird
[snapback]246526[/snapback]​

Bands are like the NFL. On any given day they can strike the right chord (pun intended) and be the best band in the world if only for that moment.

For me this list can run well past 100 names but would have to include

Zappa
Hendrix
Neil Young
Grateful Dead
The Clash
Beatles
Who
Stones
Yes
King Crimson
Tull
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Allman Brothers
The Band
Black Sabbath
Bowie
The Byrds
Ramones
Clapton
CCR
The Cure
Dead Kennedys
The Doors
Dylan
Genesis
Jefferson Airplane
Steve Miller
Metallica
New Order
Pink Floyd
Tom Petty
The Police
Pretenders
R.E.M
Lou Reed
Santana
Spirit
Springsteen
Steely Dan
U2

And if Green Day does another album as good as American Idiot they'll be on the list too.

AVB said:
That was the Animals with Eric Burdon who sang that song.
Greetings! Yes, AVB. You are absolutely correct. Thank you for the correction. I must have had The Rolling Stones on the brain, amongst all the cob webs! Have a good one! Regards, knightlaird

AVB said:
Bands are like the NFL. On any given day they can strike the right chord (pun intended) and be the best band in the world if only for that moment.
[snapback]246559[/snapback]​

Well said!!

That why I know he asked for my "favorite band" (singular) and I still listed half a dozen or so but there are hundreds more I enjoy very much.

AVB said:
but would have to include

Zappa
Hendrix
Neil Young
Grateful Dead
The Clash
Beatles
Who
Stones
Yes
King Crimson