• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

I make one every Sunday, with whatever I happen to have on hand. Used some leftover mac 'n cheese to make one a couple weeks ago and it turned out gloriously delicious! But they wouldn't come out of the pan onto the cutting board all pretty like that until I bought a Calphalon skillet!

~Boar

I had my friends over for an Oktoberfest party. In addition to grilled brats and knackwurst, dumplings, saurkraut, and my mom's potato salad, I tried doing schweinhaxen but couldn't find the actual pork shank at any of the supermarkets, so I grabbed a couple slabs of pork leg that I found and hoped for the best.

Before:
2w732hs.jpg

And after about 4 hours in the oven:
rc9dz8.jpg

The meat turned out great however only about half the skin turned out crispy. The rest was leathery and chewy and ended up getting tossed as I ran out of time before people started showing up.

I just got back from the Maine coast. I'm scalloped, lobster and clamed out! The rib looks delicious, however.

Doc
I love love having scallops or lobster with steak. Heck I could go for some again right now! On a side note, the nature of that meat made me want to pick it up and wack someone in the face with it :D

Lunch for staff appreciation. Chipotle catering. It's not steak and lobster, but being not in the private sector, we don't often get free lunches. It's greatly appreciated.

Baked a carrot cake for my birthday, it was damn good, no picture unfortunately. Being the only baker in the house, it's either I make something I want or I'll get a sheet cake from the local bakery :)

Baked a carrot cake for my birthday, it was damn good, no picture unfortunately. Being the only baker in the house, it's either I make something I want or I'll get a sheet cake from the local bakery :)
How else would you make a carrot cake?

Doc

The Kogi food truck was down the street from me yesterday evening. Had to stop by and have 2 spicy pork tacos, 2 short rib tacos, and their blackjack quesadilla. Phenomenal as always. Currently eating a salad that's not quite as good.

Just picked up my son from school. He has requested a trip to the pizza buffet. After he decompresses a bit. Hope I don't eat too much....:rolleyes:

Son wanted pizza again after spying the Buffalo Mozzarella in the fridge. Made a Margherita. Damned delicious.

Son wanted pizza again after spying the Buffalo Mozzarella in the fridge. Made a Margherita. Damned delicious.
I wonder if folks here know that the pizza you made was named after the first Queen of Italy, Marghherita, Umberto I's wife. It's red, white and green for a reason. My oldest Uncle was named for Umberto. Margherita means daisy in Italian. It has nothing to do with the drink.

Doc

You guys eat well. Living here in Hillbillyville I have never heard of a lot of what you describe, and I bet it delicious.

I bought a marked down sirloin this morning, cubed it up and made beef and noodles, garlic mashed potatoes (for the bottom of the bowl) and a dozen Rhodes Rolls. Cheap comfort food.

You guys eat well. Living here in Hillbillyville I have never heard of a lot of what you describe, and I bet it delicious.

I bought a marked down sirloin this morning, cubed it up and made beef and noodles, garlic mashed potatoes (for the bottom of the bowl) and a dozen Rhodes Rolls. Cheap comfort food.
Well, it ain't grits.;)

Doc

Usually a make a frittata every Sunday, but yesterday I got my Southern on and made sausage gravy over biscuits with fried eggs on top . . . and bacon on the side! :eek:

Only thing I ate all day, too. Gods. There's a reason I don't eat like that all the time, and it's called "not weighing 500 pounds!" o_O

But I had a couple big biscuits left, so I started my day with bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. Like McMuffins done right. :cool:

Got some thick cut pork ribeye steaks I'm going to do something with later.

~Boar

sausage gravy over biscuits
That stuff sticks to your ribs. First time I had it was working watermelons as a teen. Our "Crew", a bunch of High School friends, used to sleep in one of the members big sun room.
His house was right in Farm country. Saved a lot of time (more sleep). His mom made it for us every morning. I liked it, but I also noticed that I could go a long time before getting hungry again. Chuck watermelons during the day, pack Tomatoes into trucks in the eve. Go drinking. What a life.