• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. rdj735

Production Dates

Yes, all contraband must be sent to me ?
  2. rdj735

Production Dates

For years I had envied you guys, but now that I finally have a source, I may be even worse off! :p When talking about your favorites, many of you mention manufacture dates. Are you asking your supplier for those dates specifically when purchasing? I had some enjoyable smokes a few weeks ago...
  3. rdj735

Thanks!

Hey, guys - it has been quite some time since I've frequented the forum. I just wanted to drop in and tell you all "thanks" for the valuable info I've gathered here over the years. I was able to make my first trip to a non-USA-controlled island recently, and used resources here to help me select...
  4. rdj735

How was your week?

Not bad this week. I spent most if it trying to hire two more people at my lumberyard. Wife and little girls split out yesterday morning to the in-laws' so I would have time to replace two doors and repaint the bathroom. Have managed to spend the weekend in a buzzed state of mind, with a few...
  5. rdj735

Having Trouble with House Blend

Anyone have trouble with house bulk vs. tinned? After a couple years of no pipe, I decided to grab a cob and a few ounces of house "Scottish Mix." Burned the hell out of me. Thought I was smoking too fast, so slowed down to the point of relighting every 5-6 minutes. Barely got any smoke, air was...
  6. rdj735

What beer did you drink today (2016)

Holy smokes, I can't keep a beer in the fridge longer than a week! Founders Porter for me tonight, BTW.
  7. rdj735

I like Dale's, too, but it gives me a headache like nothing else. Maybe it's because they come in six-packs - since they're tied together, I figure that must be the serving size. Guess I should just stick to bombers...
  8. rdj735

Shake Chocolate Porter from Boulder Beer. For a $9 six-pack I can grab while grocery shopping at Kroger, I'm pleased.
  9. rdj735

What's in your glass 2016

I know that at least their single barrel bottling is from MGP in Indiana, as they haven't been open long enough to produce a 9-year-old bourbon. I would've passed on it a couple years ago, being the purist that I was, but was fortunate enough to walk into a liquor store last year where they were...
  10. rdj735

Belle Meade 9 y.o. Single Barrel. My favorite bourbon - and that's saying a lot!
  11. rdj735

Cigarpass Book Thread

Finished Nineteen Eighty-Four... I feel obligated to go pick up a cigar from Room 101. Think I'll keep my "Why Haven't I Read" theme up and grab Lord of the Flies next.
  12. rdj735

Jim Beam Devil's Cut - reasonably priced and effective.
  13. rdj735

Stone Imperial Russian Stout.
  14. rdj735

Cigarpass Book Thread

I'm reading Nineteen Eighty-Four for the first time. I don't know why I'm just now getting to it, since I recall enjoying Brave New World so much when I was in college. Great topic, btw. I have a tough time choosing fiction - looks like some good ideas here. Bobby
  15. rdj735

A Note of Thanks

Hi all, Haven't been on in quite some time, but I wanted to pass on a word of thanks to my Secret Santa from years ago (2011 or 2012, if I'm not mistaken). I finally cut the end off a 2007 God of Fire Carlito that was gifted to me, and it made me think of the generosity that was shown then, and...
  16. rdj735

4 year anniversary contest!

Congrats, and thanks! 1635.
  17. rdj735

What beer did you drink today?

Oskar Blues Old Chub Edited to undo auto-correct
  18. rdj735

Maker's Mark New Strategy

Maker's Mark has solved their problem. This should drive enough people away that they won"t even need to lower the proof.. The heritage of bourbon is a great marketing tool... sounds like MM has thrown theirs out the window.
  19. rdj735

Enjoying These Hobbies

Recently, I read two posts on the forum… one about buying up rare and limited-release cigars; the other, a review by BBS of a stick he paid $3.25 for. I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and wanted to share. The parents on this forum will surely know what I mean when I say, “I must have...