• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Game of Thrones Thread (Spoilers Included)

Rickon is the other Stark boy. When Theon killed two boys and hung them in Winterfell, the two boys were supposed to be Rickon and Bran Stark. Rickon is the youngest, but he sure looks older now.

As to the Tower of Joy, here's the significance in the form of facts. -
1) Ned Stark came back from the war with a baby in his arms, claiming that baby was his bastard son.
2) Ned's sister Lianna Stark died, and Ned witnessed her die (near everyone believes she died in child-birth)
3) Lianna was supposed to marry Robert Baratheon (season 1's king, formerly married to Cersi)
4) Lianna received a crown of flowers from Rhaegar Targaryan after a jousting match (signifying she was the queen of beauty), even though Rhaegar was supposed to marry some girl from Dorne who was also at the jousting match and expected to get the flowery crown.
5) Rhaegar later stole and "raped" Lianna. This is what started the war.
6) Rhaegar died in the battle of the trident when Robert smashed his hammer into Rhaegars chest. Despite knowing this was likely the last battle of the war, Rhaegar sent off two of his kingsguard (the best two fighters in the world) to guard a place called the Tower of Joy.
7) Lianna was in the Tower of Joy.
8) Before Lianna died, she made Ned promise her something...
9) The last place Ned went before he came home from a war holding a baby... was the Tower of Joy... and he came back with a bastard son named Jon Snow.

The theory is - perhaps Jon Snow isn't the bastard son of Ned Stark. He'd never stepped out on his wife before. And Ned was pretty loyal. And perhaps Lianna didn't really love Robert Baratheon, but instead loved Rhaegar Targeryan. And perhaps she died giving birth to a son, and made Ned promise never to reveal who that son's real parents were... because everyone hated Targeryans and were trying to kill them (which is why Dany fled Westeros in the first place). So maybe... just maybe... Rhaegar + Lianna = Jon Snow. Maybe he's the only true heir of the Iron Throne. Or maybe he can't be burned by dragons?

So wait... Now that Jon is off the chain, it seems that the story is setting us up for the wall to get blasted and the white walkers to break in. So interesting how they took everyone who we cared about and found a way to get them out of Castle Black...

I just wanna see Asha? ( the wildling girl ) give Ramsay a beat down.

I just wanna see Asha? ( the wildling girl ) give Ramsay a beat down.

I want to see anyone give him a beat down. It could be the piss-boy for all I care.

Speaking of beating, interesting parallel with the torture and brainwashing of Theon and the brainwashing and torture of Arya. I'm not terribly convinced the two experiences will end any differently. Arya will eventually make one hell of an assassin and I still think knock off others from her list.

And I had to look it up - it's Osha.
th

Rickon is the other Stark boy. When Theon killed two boys and hung them in Winterfell, the two boys were supposed to be Rickon and Bran Stark. Rickon is the youngest, but he sure looks older now.

1) Ned Stark came back from the war with a baby in his arms, claiming that baby was his bastard son.
2) Ned's sister Lianna Stark died, and Ned witnessed her die (near everyone believes she died in child-birth)
3) Lianna was supposed to marry Robert Baratheon (season 1's king, formerly married to Cersi)
4) Lianna received a crown of flowers from Rhaegar Targaryan after a jousting match (signifying she was the queen of beauty), even though Rhaegar was supposed to marry some girl from Dorne who was also at the jousting match and expected to get the flowery crown.
6) Rhaegar died in the battle of the trident when Robert smashed his hammer into Rhaegars chest. Despite knowing this was likely the last battle of the war, Rhaegar sent off two of his kingsguard (the best two fighters in the world) to guard a place called the Tower of Joy.
9) The last place Ned went before he came home from a war holding a baby... was the Tower of Joy... and he came back with a bastard son named Jon Snow.

The theory is - perhaps Jon Snow isn't the bastard son of Ned Stark. He'd never stepped out on his wife before. And Ned was pretty loyal. And perhaps Lianna didn't really love Robert Baratheon, but instead loved Rhaegar Targeryan. And perhaps she died giving birth to a son, and made Ned promise never to reveal who that son's real parents were... because everyone hated Targeryans and were trying to kill them (which is why Dany fled Westeros in the first place). So maybe... just maybe... Rhaegar + Lianna = Jon Snow. Maybe he's the only true heir of the Iron Throne. Or maybe he can't be burned by dragons?

So wait... Now that Jon is off the chain, it seems that the story is setting us up for the wall to get blasted and the white walkers to break in. So interesting how they took everyone who we cared about and found a way to get them out of Castle Black...

We havent seen points 2, 3-5, 7-9 yet? Right?

I thought that the Starks were aligned with House Baratheon. So Ned went to rescue a baby that was fathered of the side he was fighting against? That had to be one heck of a promise.

As someone who has not read the books, I'm not getting this whole Tower of Joy thing. I would assume the guards were there to protect someone important, especially if the guards were so good that the battle was such a defining one for a young Ned Stark.

As for John leaving the night watch, I too assume that since he officially died that his oath was served.

And I don't even recall Rickon. I recognize the wildling woman he was with though. Having watched each season as it came out, my memory gets a bit hazy from stuff that happened (in our time) a few years ago.

I'm like you, and needed refreshing on Rickon. But I do remember the wildling woman taking him and running off with him. Theon, had claimed he burnt him alive, I think at one point....but didn't. First time we've seen Rickon since they all fled.

Also, like you, I'm apparently not "in" on this whole Tower of Joy thing. I'm interested to see how that plays out. Since on that topic, I'll mention that while I do understand this thread includes spoilers from the show itself....I'd prefer it didn't include spoilers to future shows based on the book....so how about not doing that please. I watched the video Breedy posted, and I think it showed more than the show did this week. Not a huge deal, and maybe I've got it wrong, but it eluded to who was in the tower and what not.

John leaving the night watch, yep, expected and to be honest....quite due. Now that the wildlings are South of the wall, and no one is going North of it for a bit....the Night's Watch thing was getting boring. Very interested to see where he heads.

Also, like you, I'm apparently not "in" on this whole Tower of Joy thing. I'm interested to see how that plays out. Since on that topic, I'll mention that while I do understand this thread includes spoilers from the show itself....I'd prefer it didn't include spoilers to future shows based on the book....so how about not doing that please. I watched the video Breedy posted, and I think it showed more than the show did this week. Not a huge deal, and maybe I've got it wrong, but it eluded to who was in the tower and what not.

.....aaaaaannnnnnndddddd.....I'm too late.

We havent seen points 2, 3-5, 7-9 yet? Right?

I thought that the Starks were aligned with House Baratheon. So Ned went to rescue a baby that was fathered of the side he was fighting against? That had to be one heck of a promise.

In the books, point #2 comes in the form of a dream if I remember right. I'm not sure it will come up in the series at all. 3 is mentioned when Robert comes to Winterfell and goes immediately into the crypt to look at Lyanna's grave with Ned Stark. 4-5 are mentioned in the flashback prior to this episode, which happened around season 2 or 3 I think, where Sansa Stark is talking to Littlefinger and he says "How many people had to die because Rhaegar Targeryan chose your aunt (Lyanna)" after talking about the jousting match. And Sansa's response was something like "You mean after he stole her (Lyanna) and raped her?" And Littlefinger just looked at Sansa like she was slow.

7-9 Are all forthcoming, but they're referenced and mentioned in the book, and presumably the girl screaming in the tower of Joy scene (after young Ned narrowly escapes) was Lyanna. And I think he mentioned something about coming "for his sister" in the beginning of the scene but I'll have to watch it again.

Anyways.. the point is I beat Wyatt to the punch again...

In the books, point #2 comes in the form of a dream if I remember right. I'm not sure it will come up in the series at all. 3 is mentioned when Robert comes to Winterfell and goes immediately into the crypt to look at Lyanna's grave with Ned Stark. 4-5 are mentioned in the flashback prior to this episode, which happened around season 2 or 3 I think, where Sansa Stark is talking to Littlefinger and he says "How many people had to die because Rhaegar Targeryan chose your aunt (Lyanna)" after talking about the jousting match. And Sansa's response was something like "You mean after he stole her (Lyanna) and raped her?" And Littlefinger just looked at Sansa like she was slow.

7-9 Are all forthcoming, but they're referenced and mentioned in the book, and presumably the girl screaming in the tower of Joy scene (after young Ned narrowly escapes) was Lyanna. And I think he mentioned something about coming "for his sister" in the beginning of the scene but I'll have to watch it again.

Anyways.. the point is I beat Wyatt to the punch again...

Oh yeah.....well I talked to George R.R. Martin at an In and Out Burger the other day and he said it all ends with Jon Snow hooking up with Daenerys and they marry. Although they want of child of their own, they are unable to have one. So they decide to kidnap a baby instead. They try to keep this a secret, all the while their friends, co-workers, and a bounty hunter try and use the child for their own purposes. This apparently has lots of twists and turns which are quite hilarious. Look for Nicolas Cage, Holly Hunter, and John Goodman to play parts.

....wait a second........

I'm like you, and needed refreshing on Rickon. But I do remember the wildling woman taking him and running off with him. Theon, had claimed he burnt him alive, I think at one point....but didn't. First time we've seen Rickon since they all fled.

John leaving the night watch, yep, expected and to be honest....quite due. Now that the wildlings are South of the wall, and no one is going North of it for a bit....the Night's Watch thing was getting boring. Very interested to see where he heads.

Sorry if the video was a spoiler. It was a direct reading from the 1st book and it had been mentioned/alluded to throughout the HBO series. I don't know if they plan on telling more of the story via Bran flashback or just skipping it.

Oh yeah.....well I talked to George R.R. Martin at an In and Out Burger the other day and he said it all ends with Jon Snow hooking up with Daenerys and they marry. Although they want of child of their own, they are unable to have one. So they decide to kidnap a baby instead. They try to keep this a secret, all the while their friends, co-workers, and a bounty hunter try and use the child for their own purposes. This apparently has lots of twists and turns which are quite hilarious. Look for Nicolas Cage, Holly Hunter, and John Goodman to play parts.

....wait a second........

Dang it!!! I was looking forward to that ending!!! If only there was some moving picture representation of it that I could watch sooner... Wait a second!!!!

Where's the other shoe?

Too many good things happening here. Dany and her fiery entrance? Jon and Sansa taking what's theirs? Littlefinger joining the right side of the fray? Heck, even the high sparrows days seem numbered... I suppose an army of white walkers and undead could really put a wrench in everyone's works, but really... where's the shoe...

I'm afraid.

Where's the other shoe?

Too many good things happening here. Dany and her fiery entrance? Jon and Sansa taking what's theirs? Littlefinger joining the right side of the fray? Heck, even the high sparrows days seem numbered... I suppose an army of white walkers and undead could really put a wrench in everyone's works, but really... where's the shoe...

I'm afraid.

The only side that Little Finger is on is his own. He set a lot of this plot into motion and I think things are unfolding pretty much exactly as he wishes.

The only side that Little Finger is on is his own. He set a lot of this plot into motion and I think things are unfolding pretty much exactly as he wishes.

He's the devil.
Dresses like Neo in the Matrix.
Definitely a time traveller.
:p

I don't trust Little Finger for a second. And for the LOVE of GOD would somebody please kill Ramsay Bolton????