• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OR Anejo #49

erm... never mind. After seeing these two photos, it's clear to me that he's just taken a used band and stuck it on a current production Opus or such.

Right on, Moki . . . current production Robo on the left:

Edit: Sorry guys, I had to rotate the picture and mixed up which side the current Opus was on (it is on the left) . . . that's how close they look. The Project X fraud has more of a sheen to it, which you can see in the pic.

IMG_1735.jpg

I wonder if the guy used other methods to turn those cello wrappers if he could not get his hands on time aged ones.

Something like cello soaked in a heavy solution of brown Rit dye overnight and then dried might explain the residue left behind.

Or, one might be able to put cello in the oven at a low temp (low enough not to melt it) for an extended period of time in order to brown them.

Who knows, but the stickiness on the outside of the cellophane should be considered...it seems like the cello was dipped in or coated with something...leaving me to safely conclude the cigars aren't smokeable anymore.

I'll post what pictures I can when I get home this evening of what I have; including the cello comparison amongst different sizes, and the sap-like substance on the outside of the cello.

BINGO! What a dumbfock! Shellacked the cello. No matter how carefully done, it will always concentrate on wrinkles and folds. That is the physics of surface tension.

I wonder if the guy used other methods to turn those cello wrappers if he could not get his hands on time aged ones.

Something like cello soaked in a heavy solution of brown Rit dye overnight and then dried might explain the residue left behind.

Or, one might be able to put cello in the oven at a low temp (low enough not to melt it) for an extended period of time in order to brown them.

Who knows, but the stickiness on the outside of the cellophane should be considered...it seems like the cello was dipped in or coated with something...leaving me to safely conclude the cigars aren't smokeable anymore.

I'll post what pictures I can when I get home this evening of what I have; including the cello comparison amongst different sizes, and the sap-like substance on the outside of the cello.

BINGO! What a dumbfock! Shellacked the cello. No matter how carefully done, it will always concentrate on wrinkles and folds. That is the physics of surface tension.

Yep, a chemical has been applied. I've been acting retarded and stupid for the last month or so, so I went ahead and touched it to my tongue a couple times. Bitter and harsh chemical taste. Certainly isn't any kind of food preservative or dye.

On the bright side, I tore a couple of the cellos open and it's just on the outside. :blush:

Edit to add. Can't imagine this being anything derived from tobacco or sap.

Might have done that, or like Phil said, exposed to sunlight. Whatever he did, they are very brittle, so it affected the make-up.

Starting to look like he might of used both methods with sticky cello and brittle oven cooked cello.

Shellac is approved by the FDA for children's toys. :laugh: Course , kids don't smoke their toys.

Doc.

Might have done that, or like Phil said, exposed to sunlight. Whatever he did, they are very brittle, so it affected the make-up.

Starting to look like he might of used both methods with sticky cello and brittle oven cooked cello.

I'm gonna contact Smokin'Sims and see what his lab can and/or will do to determine what it is. I'll say one thing though . . . and I'm making a statement and not alleging that it was done in this instance . . . if scam artists resort to measures that may affect health, they better be concerned with criminal issues other than fraud, theft, etc.

This guy is a piece of work. Shellac'd cellos? Using old burnt bands to reband cigars? Cruising Vitolas.net for cigars he can represent with his amateur Frankenstein hacks, and sell for a monster markup?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry heh. At least he's been consistent over the years...

On the bright side, I tore a couple of the cellos open and it's just on the outside. :blush:

I still wouldn't trust that the cigars are safe to smoke...you have no idea what you could be burning and potentially inhaling.

I have been away for a few days and missed most of this. I am truly sorry to all of the guys who got taken. I am happy to see that some of older members have stepped in and sorted this out. I am not surprised this happened. I could see this coming when the "tension" between some of the newer guys and the older guys. When some of the older guys either walked away or were banned I remember commenting that it could be scary what may happen if the culture was changed too much. I hope that this sad situation can bring the community back together. :thumbs:

So the cops on that warrant link are looking for info, any of those screwed from this guy drop a dime?

You guys are gonna love this one. This is from a PM he sent to someone on CigarOutcast.com to refute the allegations.

SPIVY, KingAntz, dulaney22, et al, care to chime in with your response to this?

SmokinJ said:
T-Total bullshit! I sold a bunch of OR Anejo to Spivy
over at Cigarasylum and one of the guys who Spivy split w/ said he thought the wrappers were re-stuffed?? Those Anejo are from mid-june 2000. Moki has always had a hardon for me apparently cause my collect trumps his. Pure Jealousy.
ps- to be honest w/ you I believe the guys couldn't afford the split and so Moki and a couple jealous a-holes over there had a chance to take a shot at me and did so

Okay, so a few interesting things to note from this PM, that the observant will pick up:

1) He admits that he sold these cigars to SPIVY et al; so that bone of contention is settled.

2) He claims I have a "hardon" for him, yet prior to this week, I never had any interaction with a "David Scott" or a "SmokinJ"... none... zero. A tacit, accidental admission that he is not whom he says he is?

3) Anyone who has looked at the cigars will have a very hard time believing that these are genuine. Shallac'd yellow cellophane? Pure white bands with burn marks underneath them? Feel free to have a look:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry882350

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=882679

4) The idea that this was all a "set up" is patently ridiculous. I don't even know the guy, how could I be "jealous" of his collection (something that people who know me would find to be absurd)

5) I go after people who rip others off. That they deny it is not surprising; to try to ascribe ulterior motives to me is, I suppose, a last ditch attempt.

At least we have an admission from him that it was he who sold these cigars. Now the question is... is is name David Scott? Or is it John Kruthoffer?

So many holes... it's fairly typical when someone is caught in a web of lies, that they lash out and attempt to attack the credibility of their accuser.

Speaking of which, I have friends in the USMC. I'd love to hear where SmokinJ was stationed out of, and what company he was in. I'd be happy to have a friend of mine fact check it.

You guys are gonna love this one. This is from a PM he sent to someone on CigarOutcast.com to refute the allegations.

SPIVY, KingAntz, dulaney22, et al, care to chime in with your response to this?

SmokinJ said:
T-Total bullshit! I sold a bunch of OR Anejo to Spivy
over at Cigarasylum and one of the guys who Spivy split w/ said he thought the wrappers were re-stuffed?? Those Anejo are from mid-june 2000. Moki has always had a hardon for me apparently cause my collect trumps his. Pure Jealousy.
ps- to be honest w/ you I believe the guys couldn't afford the split and so Moki and a couple jealous a-holes over there had a chance to take a shot at me and did so

If they're the real thing, then I guess he wouldn't mind refunding all the money.

It is with great displeasure that I have to terminate three accounts this evening. For the sake of the community, I can no longer allow members to act in a manner that goes against our ethics and culture. Some of the newer guys have trumped their way into CP, setup shop, and chose to ignore our rules and do as they please. Not to mention the sense of entitlement they all think they deserve. They were given more rope than usual, and they have set an EXCELLENT example of what NOT to do.

What I don't understand is why stick around CP if you don't like the community? How do you guys have the balls to go into someone's house and start making up your own rules?

Smokinj - Banned for scamming members.

Spivy - I am thoroughly disappointed in you. You started a private cigar community (which is fine), however you used CP as your recruiting grounds for members. Seems the only reason you started your own forum was simply so you could skirt around our established rules. Pretty sad.... A great example of taking from the community and not giving anything back. After seeing your true intentions w/ your private forum, I have a hard time believing your apology.

Dulaney22 - Lee, since you've joined you've been on a mission to change CP. Over the past 7 months you have made it very clear that you don't agree with our established rules. You argued with me regarding Ed's sale (where he sold his friends cigars) and couldn't understand why it was frowned upon. We had a lengthy PM exchange, and I tried to make you understand that when someone sells cigars for a "friend", there is absolutely no history behind those cigars; no one knows if they were stored properly, if they're authentic, etc... Now that you've been burned, I'm sure it's clear why we do things the way we do.

Some of you other guys who got caught up in Ed's brigade, I highly advise you shape up. If you don't like CP, leave. If you don't agree with our rules, leave. It's that simple. If anyone else wants to mouth off and try to change our culture, you'll be banned. There are a few other members who I am on the edge of banning. If the message isn't loud and clear to them now, they too will be banned. I'm still sorting through everything, however at this point the three above members have been separated from CP.

It seems you guys got caught up in the moment of trying to search out rare/HTF cigars. You let it get the better of you, and now you're facing the consequences.

Everyone else - think about what CP is. If it's not a community to you, then you don't belong here. If your only purpose at CP is to get something out of it rather than participate, go join one of the many other cigar forums. The sense of entitlement ends here.

Regards,
Rod

In regard to the shellac health issue, it is a natural product (basically it's beetle crap). They use it in a lot of food products, for example the apples you buy in the supermarket are coated in shellac to make them shiny. Not sure how harmful it would be smoked, but I wouldn't worry too much about the cigars already smoked (although I would not smoke any more).

In regard to the shellac health issue, it is a natural product (basically it's beetle crap). They use it in a lot of food products, for example the apples you buy in the supermarket are coated in shellac to make them shiny. Not sure how harmful it would be smoked, but I wouldn't worry too much about the cigars already smoked (although I would not smoke any more).

That is ASS-U-ME-ING it is in fact shellac. Hard to tell what the chowderhead was doing. Maybe he used pre-yellowed cello - maybe he shellacked 'em. Or - maybe he used some kind of other concoction to get the yellow...

In any regard - knowing they're not OR Anejo's, and not knowing from whence they came , I'd be hard pressed to smoke 'em...