• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have been known to relight cigars

Ginseng

Banned
Yup,

Confessions of the guilty. Sometimes when I have not had the chance to finish a cigar for whatever reason, I leave the remainder in one of the tiny little empty flower pots on a windowsill off the porch. And then the next day, if I have time, perhaps after I've smoked the selection of the day, sometimes I reach over, pull out the stub and light 'er up again.

Often times, it's not horrible. It sometimes gets a little hot and might be just a tad acrid, but when you've got 10 minutes and no tiny cigars...hey, they call to you.

I think the longest I've left a stub out there and then relit it and smoked it down was 3 or 4 days. With the right conditions, the remainder actually stays in decent shape.

So, any of you guys do this too? Or is this further evidence of my sickness. :D :p

Wilkey

That is ironic. I was driving home today with a Double Chateau Fuente Sungrown that I started after lunch. I realized, I have been relighting cigars for a few months now and usually enjoy the taste. When I started smoking cigars, I thought it tasted nasty for some reason. Of course 3 or 4 days sitting outside? That's just sick!! J/K

Nothing better than an ISOM in the ashtray in the car from the night before in the middle of July! :laugh:

Hiya Wilkey,

I sometimes relight a cigar the next day. However, I do let the cigar extinguish itself and I blow the smoke out first by blowing into the cigar. A decent stick is quite OK that way, imo.

If I relight, which I do, I usually crop off the burnt end and try to start fresh.

I've done it plenty of times... just make sure you knock off that old ash!

My boss will relight the cigar butts that we smoked the night before...always, and he loves them. He re-lit the Opus X 952R I smoked last week just to get the taste on his palette. I hate it! Not to say I look down on any of you.

-Fetter

I've been known to re-lite a few - but I always cut away as much of the end as possible before putting it away -
Guess I just haven't dropped down to your level just yet - :blush:

Ron

These days I only relight if it goes out while I'm in the middle of the same smoking session. Used to relight when I'd smoke at work (once upon a time when I worked regular 9-5ers)...no more. Had a bad tasting experience when I relit a NC Monte and I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth all day and night :(

I used to avoid doing this at all cost but I found myself not smoking cigars because I was afraid of having to put them out. I got over it when I had to set down an edge maduro torpedo out and didn't get back to it for a weekend+ on the relight it was still very good. Doesn't always work out that way but its worth a shot if you hate to toss a cigar.

CYG

I used to avoid doing this at all cost but I found myself not smoking cigars because I was afraid of having to put them out. I got over it when I had to set down an edge maduro torpedo out and didn't get back to it for a weekend+ on the relight it was still very good. Doesn't always work out that way but its worth a shot if you hate to toss a cigar.

CYG

Yeah, that was my main reason for relighting because I hated to toss a smoke. Especially since my favorite vitolas are robustos and torpedos. Now I only light em up if I know I got the time. Minutos are good and won't kill your bankroll if you have to toss one every now and then.

BTW, love the avatar of Compay Segundo :)

Yeah, but Wilkey... it's hard to fault ya. I mean when that Moontrace overwhelms you with its power or you have to set it down to do your nails, you don't want a gem like that to go to waste! :)

Relighting an old smoke seems to be the norm for most of us, I do it on smokes that are 1-2 days old. The boss who lite another guys Opus from the night before is going WAAAAAY overboard! Thats just plain nasty.

I do NOT relight cigars the next day, or even a few hours after I let them go out. If I am in the middle of a cigar and my smoke goes out for a few minutes because I get caught up talking or something, then sure I will relight it.

I leave my cigars at work, so If I have a good one, I will relight it after I get back! Usually I finish the evening with a Cuban cigarette so this doesn't happen much. As much as 12 hrs before I relight. Always an eye opener!

If I have a smoke at lunch I'll finish it on the way home but not 2 or 3 days later.

I've picked one up after a couple of hours, but not overnight or after a few days.

I also don't check through the trash for leftover food before I haul it to the curb, but hey, whatever floats your boat, man. ;)