• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Bands - Old, New, Newest

Thanks for the post Wilkey.

Personally, I don't like the newest bands. The embossing will always be slightly off center (due to less than perfect QC), which just makes it a distraction to the eye. Just my opinion. =)

I have some of the shiny bands and there is no embossing that I can see
I am sure that they are not fakes(Cuban)

Anvil,

The new shiny, non-embossed band was around for about a year. None of the Monte2 I've seen from summer and spring of 2005 have the embossed band and neither did the Monte Robusto EL. If you got yours from a trustworthy vendor you should be ok.

Wilkey

Just a point of information.....The shiny montecristo band first appeared in May of "03" on the release of the Montecristo Cs EL

Anvil,

The new shiny, non-embossed band was around for about a year. None of the Monte2 I've seen from summer and spring of 2005 have the embossed band and neither did the Monte Robusto EL. If you got yours from a trustworthy vendor you should be ok.

Wilkey

Monte Edmundos purchased in the 4th Qtr. 2006 do not have the embossed band either. I'll look into the box code for additional information.

This is interesting since I've always thought the Monte bands were so plain and simple that they almost invite counterfeiting. Are they planning on using this newer, embossed band on all production going forward, or will it be a mix for a while. Similar to the H. Upmann bands, where some are brown and some are red. Last spring I bought two boxes of Conn 1's from H. Upmann, and one had the brown band and the other had the red one!

Rob,

I have not found the official information to confirm that the change happened in October of 2006.

Wilkey

This is interesting since I've always thought the Monte bands were so plain and simple that they almost invite counterfeiting. Are they planning on using this newer, embossed band on all production going forward, or will it be a mix for a while. Similar to the H. Upmann bands, where some are brown and some are red. Last spring I bought two boxes of Conn 1's from H. Upmann, and one had the brown band and the other had the red one!
I don't know. Thus far I have not found any information on the Habanos or Altadis main boards. I would bet that this would be an across the board change except perhaps for the real tiny bands like on the Joyitas.

Wilkey

Anvil,

Wilkey
The New non embossed band also appeared on the first release of the Monte Edmundos back in early 04 They were released with this band and never had the old matted band

The new 'shiny' band was released starting in 2003. It has been released over time....not all at once.
As far as the 'embossed' band...that's a new one too me...I'll have to check but it seems suspect until verification.

I sent some links to Wilkey - hope it helps!

The new 'shiny' band was released starting in 2003. It has been released over time....not all at once.
As far as the 'embossed' band...that's a new one too me...I'll have to check but it seems suspect until verification.

Thanks Gary! I've made the change.

I'm glad I have guys like you at my back. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Totaly agree.....Suspect until verified.......

Guys it is quite interesting to me to see how a new member is total disregarded and not recognized with any response to the information provided.....However when a long time member responded it is met with a community response......The info I provided was acurate but agnored until a veteran member responded with the same info I provided......Interesting

Guys it is quite interesting to me to see how a new member is total disregarded and not recognized with any response to the information provided.....However when a long time member responded it is met with a community response......The info I provided was acurate but agnored until a veteran member responded with the same info I provided......Interesting
C-smoke,

You should not take offense. There was a total of 42 minutes elapsed between your post at 9:42 AM and Grateful1's post at 10:24 AM. In that time period, I was researching, posting, and editing on four different forums trying to get things in order. All the posts this morning happened in a very quick span of time.

The course of events is interesting, yes, but not perhaps for the reasons you might think. I doubt anyone was purposely ignoring you. But I hope you can see that familiarity provides visibility to a degree. Simply put, we know Gary. It is clear you have excellent first hand knowledge of Habanos. This is rare and valued by all of use here. I hope that you will choose to spend more time here and let us get to know you. I'm sure that you will enjoy the community here as much as we stand to benefit from your experience.

Wilkey

Note: One sure way to insure your posts are never ignored is to include a photo of boobies. It would sure grab my attention. ;)

Anvil,

Wilkey
Thanks mate
They are a very nice smoke so I sorta guessed they were the real deal and they were purchased from a reliable shop over here.
Can you buy these where you live or not?
They are a very common Cuban cigar in this part of the world.
Let me know, If you like I can post you one over.

Wilkey....Thankyou for your response........This has been my experience with this forum that I am completely ignored........I acutaly left some inaccurate info on another thread just to see if I would get any attention......No responses there either.....I understand your point about the time frame between responses.....The truth be known is that if I were to add to my profile to try to impress you all with my experience and extensive knowledge, I would severely incrimate myself.....I think If you follow my imput (when I do ) You will certainly, and all member here gain from it.........I certainly think you have done an outstanding job at CP keep up the great work.........

Bob