• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heartfelt Beads

Troy32

I took the advice of everyone on the board and purchased 2 4oz tubes for me and my brother. I then noticed that the 2oz tube was listed as 4 inches by 1 3/4 inches while the 4oz was listed as 6 1/4 inches by 1 3/4 inches.

Obviously if they are both the same diameter then the 4oz tube would have to be twice the length. So do the 4oz tubes actually only contain 3oz if they are 150% of a 2oz tube??

I e-mailed David twice and he did not respond to either e-mail. It has been over a week. The day after I e-mailed him the first time he did change his website to show small, medium, large and extra large instead of the oz measurements.

I am disappointed that he would change his site showing that he recognized it was wrong but not have the courtesy to even respond to my e-mail after I made 2 purchases from him.

I did find the same tube I purchased from him on Ebay for $10 shipped from a different vendor which is $12 cheaper than Heartfelt.

I took the advice of everyone on the board and purchased 2 4oz tubes for me and my brother. I then noticed that the 2oz tube was listed as 4 inches by 1 3/4 inches while the 4oz was listed as 6 1/4 inches by 1 3/4 inches.

Obviously if they are both the same diameter then the 4oz tube would have to be twice the length. So do the 4oz tubes actually only contain 3oz if they are 150% of a 2oz tube??

I e-mailed David twice and he did not respond to either e-mail. It has been over a week. The day after I e-mailed him the first time he did change his website to show small, medium, large and extra large instead of the oz measurements.

I am disappointed that he would change his site showing that he recognized it was wrong but not have the courtesy to even respond to my e-mail after I made 2 purchases from him.

I did find the same tube I purchased from him on Ebay for $10 shipped which is $12 cheaper than Heartfelt.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Dave's always been amazing to deal with, perhaps he was gone away for the holidays. You're not going to get much sympathy around here if you're concerned about how Dave conducts himself.

I re read that above sentence of mine and realize it may sound harsh but it's not intended to be, I just can't get any inflection in my posts no matter how hard I try.

Edit: Spelling

I am not looking for sympathy. Just voicing my experience. I use the internet as a tool to do research before I make purchases. I am just giving my experience so others can use it to evaluate their options.

I really think your misreading the e-bay listing, as i verified his prices as slightly higher on ebay then on his website.

As for your other question its hard to say, i have not purchased one of the small tubes from him to see how full it is filled, but its clearly on his site that the difference between the small and the medium is 2 inches in length.

And after hours upon hours of searching before i purchased my extra large tube i seen no complaints regarding size etc.

And to verify what im seeing the one your looking on ebay is a one ounce that your comparing with the price of a larger ounce tube that you bought.

Look, dude. It's not about length. GIRTH, man! That's where it's at.

:sign:

Trey

Plus, Viper's a good dude. Done many great transactions with him.

Just to clarify - There is a different company selling the same size tube that I bought from Heartfelt. The other company is selling the extra large tube for $10 which is $12 cheaper than the extra large tube from Heartfelt which is $22.

TY - the whole point is that the weight listed did not match the size listed. If one tube is twice as many ounces it would need to be twice the size not 1.5 times the size.

But as I explained in my original post... I was disappointed that he would change the way he listed the tubes on his site in response to my e-mail but not have the courtesy to respond to me.

Maybe im bad at math but if a 4 inch tube is filled 75 percent of the way and a 6 inch tube is filled completly is that not double the ammount of beads?

Not saying thats how it works but that is a possibility.

Also his empty tubes are listed with ammounts with sizes as listed.

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=Empty+Tubes

This tube measures 4 1/2" long, 3/4" in diameter and will hold approximately 1/2 ounce of Heartfelt Beads.
This tube measures 6 3/8" long, 3/4" in diameter and will hold approximately 1 ounce of Heartfelt Beads.

They recently moved which for you may have been the issue but for me it proved to be worth it. I was sent duplicate orders. They are an A+ on my list. :thumbs: I still don't know if the beads work aswell as people say they do.

I did find the same tube I purchased from him on Ebay for $10 shipped from a different vendor which is $12 cheaper than Heartfelt.

1 - Did you not look at the sizes before you purchased?
2 - Did you actually weigh the beads to see if you're "not getting what you paid for?"
3 - Emailed him twice in over a week... let's see, that makes the emails coming during the week between Christmas and New Years, and someone else mentioned he was moving. Think maybe that has something to do with it?
4 - I just checked ebay. The only humidity beads I found were being sold by Heartfelt, and I couldn't find any 2 or 4 oz tubes. You have a link?

Just to clarify - There is a different company selling the same size tube that I bought from Heartfelt. The other company is selling the extra large tube for $10 which is $12 cheaper than the extra large tube from Heartfelt which is $22.

TY - the whole point is that the weight listed did not match the size listed. If one tube is twice as many ounces it would need to be twice the size not 1.5 times the size.

But as I explained in my original post... I was disappointed that he would change the way he listed the tubes on his site in response to my e-mail but not have the courtesy to respond to me.

I'm sorry but if you have a problem with the price David charged you then you should buy form the other company and keep it to yourself. David is a good dude and has many successful transactions with many people on this and other boards. Not to mention how do you know he didn't notice the mistake and change it. Maybe your emails had nothing to do with him changing the sizes on the website. I'm just saying.

If you have such a problem with the transaction, pricing, and info on his website, plus lack of communication why not call him instead of posting a thread questioning his business practices? I know every time I've ever called him he either answers the phone or calls me back within a few hours. He's been nothing but helpful and courteous in every dealing I've had with him.

Troy, I was with you up to this point. This particular point you make insinuates dishonesty, and given Viper's shining reputation here, I have to say it's a little uncalled for. Don't count your chickens before they hatch here, meaning don't declare PUBLICLY that Viper isn't on the up-and-up just because he changed a feature on his website. You won't get very far into this discussion by tarnishing an established member's reputation because you are unhappy with his product.

Say a friend of mine, BSneed51, and I make a transaction where I purchase a 5'er of cigars from him. I ordered them on December 23, and they were shipped to me a week ago. Upon inspection of the cigars, one had a cracked foot and appeared substandard. I contacted him and called him twice, PM'd him twice, telling him about the cigar but I haven't heard from him. All of this while he has his wife's family in town, is in the middle of moving, and working during the holiday season*. I'm sorry, it might just be me, but based on the totality of the circumstances, this event does not call for me to start a thread questioning his integrity and ethics.

That being said, what you posted above about the tubes and the amount of beads within is the reason why I simply bought a pound of loose beads and filled the tubes myself. Seemed like I got more bang for my buck so to speak, but YMMV. Best of luck with this Troy, just don't go making accusations based on assumptions please, it gets nothing done.

*Disclaimer: No, Brent is not moving, his wife's family wasn't in town (that I know of), and surely we all know he doesn't really work. Just thought I'd clarify. ;)

Viper is a good dude as stated ad nauseum.
I am suprised he has not picked up on this thread already. He must be out of the loop for the holidays or dead.
At any rate Souldog nailed it and you should heed the advice of the other BOTL's.

Viper is a good dude as stated ad nauseum.
I am suprised he has not picked up on this thread already. He must be out of the loop for the holidays or dead.
At any rate Souldog nailed it and you should heed the advice of the other BOTL's.

He's seen the thread. Nothing needs to be said. His reputation is defense enough at this point, imo.

Trey

He's been a member for less than 30 days! Ya got a lot of balls young fella. Not much sense, but a lot of balls.

Doc.

Good questions.

However, was there a possible typo and it should have read 8 1/4 inches instead of 6 1/4? I don't know.

As for his lack of response, sorry to hear it.

As for the ebay purchase, I wonder if they are the same item - and if so, does Viper know about it (as the reseller may be selling copies or used stock).

I bought empty tubes from viper, then filled them with his beads. The "4oz" tubes held close to 6oz. The "2oz" tube held around 3 oz. That's of course dry weight. I can guarantee you Viper isn't screwing you out of a few grams of beads. Also, he's always busy or away from the office this time of year.

And are you wanting to return them? Maybe I don't get what your purpose is... And the only auctions for beads on ebay is from Heartfelt (1/2 oz tube for $9.95, and so on).

Derek

I bought empty tubes from viper, then filled them with his beads. The "4oz" tubes held close to 6oz. The "2oz" tube held around 3 oz. That's of course dry weight. I can guarantee you Viper isn't screwing you out of a few grams of beads. Also, he's always busy or away from the office this time of year.

And are you wanting to return them? Maybe I don't get what your purpose is... And the only auctions for beads on ebay is from Heartfelt (1/2 oz tube for $9.95, and so on).

Derek

As a newbie, I can tell you that my experience with heartfelt has been great! I know he was having some issues with his phone and moving but he was still able to help me out!

I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement. Just my .02

I dont get it......I have re-read this post 3-4 times and cant figure out what your problem is? Are mad that the tubes are not the same size as you thought they were?

As some one stated before, did you get the right amount of beads in each tube?

Do you spend your other free time wondering if other things you own are as long as they should be? :whistling:

I wrote a very nice e-mail to David asking him if he made a misprint. The next day he changed the description.

Some of you are not very bright. After reading my post you say maybe he was on vacation. Then how does he update his site??

I understand you guys like the guy and I never insulted him or implied anything. I just stated my experience with him.

I just bought a scale and weighed the contents of a fully packed new 4oz tube and it weighed exactly 3oz as it would have to being 150% of a 2oz tube.

It was not a big deal. I just contacted him to let him know that the description was off. When he changed the description a day later and then does not respond to 2 e-mails it seemed dishonest.

He now responded to my second e-mail and claimed the first got caught in a spam filter. E-mail does not work that way. Either both make it or none. Big coincidence he changed the description the day after I notified him it was incorrect when he did not receive it. If you believe that I have a bridge to sell.

Anyway... talk all you want but I am right. Let me know if you need me to post pictures of his tube on a scale or we can have a neutral party confirm.