• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spam control

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
As you may have noticed, we've had an increase in spam activity recently. While the spam filters work, they don't catch everything. Tom (BlindedByScience) has graciously offered to help maintain control of the bots and keep the board clean. If you come across anything Tom doesn't catch (or something that needs cleaning), feel free to contact him.

Please keep in mind CP is still "moderator-free" and remains member moderated.

Thanks for helping Tom!

Thank you,
Rod

So, do all of the 'reports' go to you?
Great question.....and the answer is sure, why not. If you see Spam and I miss it, let me know and I'll stomp on it appropriately. I'll try to do a pretty good sweep several times a day, but I would always appreciate a heads up.

Fair to mention I was an admin on a huge PC hardware forum for a decade and a half. Literally thousands of posts a day. I sure don't know everything but I know....some things. Just glad to help with the spam flood.

Great question.....and the answer is sure, why not. If you see Spam and I miss it, let me know and I'll stomp on it appropriately. I'll try to do a pretty good sweep several times a day, but I would always appreciate a heads up.

Fair to mention I was an admin on a huge PC hardware forum for a decade and a half. Literally thousands of posts a day. I sure don't know everything but I know....some things. Just glad to help with the spam flood.
I wonder what the name of that forum was? 😀