• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

01 La flor de Cano was flat..

LGHT

Banned
Just thought I would get some feed back on a smoke I had this weekend that seemed to be flat and lifeless. It was a petite corona and based on the MRN there are light, fruity type of smokes.

This one looked great very dark wrapper, and obvious vines throughout. The pre-light draw was vague, but did give a slight hint of mild creamy hints of nuts.

It lit quick and burned fast, but the taste never really came through. The first couple of puffs where not bad, but after that it was almost bland and lifeless. My Girlfriend was smoking a Monti #2 and I passed it to her for a second opinion and she thought it was a bad domestic :angry2: I almost didn't finish it because the lack of taste and flavor. Anyone else find these smokes to be this bland and flat or did I just get a sick stick?

I kind of doubt it was sick being it was 4 years old, but it is a machine made cigar and chances are more than a few will not be up to snuff.

I've had one Flor de Cano PC that was excellent for a MM, so I'd suggest you try again.

A question that I need to ask in this case is how long have the cigars been in your humi/cooler since shipment?

I ask because I like to let mine sit for at least a month before I touch one once they reach there new home. The reason for this is that, imho, the cigar goes through so many different temperature and humidity zones during shipping, the tobacco is not settled. The Binder, Wrapper, and filler combo are all up in arms. Give the smokes at the very least a month to get back to normal in a Stable enviornment, and they should be happy again.

I went against my own rule not 2 weeks ago when I got a box of VR Classicos in from 03. I tried one about 2 days after I got them, and it was flat and very unappealing. I smoked maybe half of it and pitched it. I'll try another a few months from now. Most times, the smoke comes around. As far as the VR's, I do hope they come around as this is my favorite size.

Good luck with your smokes. :)

This stick was sitting in the humi for at least a year before smoking. I actually forgot it was there as it was gifted without a label. It was the only one I've smoked so I didn't have anything to compare on. Either way they are MM and cheap so maybe i'll get a few more to try.