• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

'04 Fuente Anejo 77 (Shark)

Tony Bones

Grundalier
Been a while since I reviewed anything. This was a good one to get back in the swing with.

-Construction was dead on, much as with all Fuentes I've smoked
-Nice, dark maduro wrapper w/ a sweet pre-light taste
-Clipped well and lit well. These guys seem to like a little more humid of an environment. Something around 70, as opposed to my normal 65.

-Plentiful and sweet smoke.
-"Maduro" taste on the finish. Can't really describe it any other way
-A bit harsh toward the end...probably due to the smokes youth

I was much, much more impressed w/ this cigar than I had previoulsy been. Just goes to show you can't judge a batch of em' by one stick.

Love 'dem Añejos. Learned something interesting at the factory: the tobacco is cured/aged in cognac barrels for only 6-8 months for all of the Añejos (original release and later releases). The age of the wrapper on the original releases was about 7 years -- subsequent years have wrapper with varying degrees of age on them (nothing set really).

Too bad these are so rare! I've yet to try a Shark, but I have one in the humi waiting for me :D . Nice review by the way! :thumbs:

cvmfour said:
Too bad these are so rare! I've yet to try a Shark, but I have one in the humi waiting for me :D . Nice review by the way! :thumbs:
Sharks are the mildest of the Añejos, IMHO. Your mileage may vary, but I prefer the No.48s

To me it seems like the Sharks are the most readily available or most "popular" among cigar smokers. I never really see sales of the other sizes on this board or any board. ???

cvmfour said:
To me it seems like the Sharks are the most readily available or most "popular" among cigar smokers. I never really see sales of the other sizes on this board or any board. ???
It's the trendy name and funky shape. ;)

Are these available anywhere currently? I would like to try and get my hands on a few of these :p