• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

08 Juan Lopez #2

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
This is the first large ring gauge of the group. It starts off mild maybe medium minus. It’s hard to discern the flavors but it’s got a touch of salt, and maybe green tea. I’m really surprised because I thought it would be stronger and bolder flavors. The tea flavor stayed consistent through out the cigar. Kinda one dimensional, but kind of a nice change of pace too. The construction was good, though i did set it down long enough for it to go out, and the relight was good, but not perfect.
Construction: very good
Taste: Salt at first, but then changed to green tea.
Opinion: Not bad, it was an interesting change of pace
Strength: medium / medium minus
Would I buy it: I would like to try it again, so I would be interested in a fiver or group buy.
Would I smoke again: yes, but how many more times? I'd have to wait and see what the next one is like, if you understand.IMG_2813.jpg

That is my favorite CC. If course I don't operate in the world of Cigarsid.

One of my favorites. I’ve gone through a box and a half and I don’t buy many CC 😆

I’ve only had one of these but it was damn good. Nice review

@Undegreed @Thoughts @CigSid how would you compare strength and flavors to what I experienced? The mildness threw me off after so many medium sticks and I think that impacted my experience. I want to try it again now that I kind of know what to expect.

My experience with CC's is you will never get a full bodied kick in the back of throat that is so readily available in NC blends. IMO an $8 CC is way better than an $8 NC, especially if I'm in the mood for something medium/mild. Regarding the flavors, I've raped my taste buds by smoking too many cigars, so I'm more in line with your OP statement of "Good" or "Not Good." That said, the creaminess on a retrohale of a well aged CC is hard to match.

@Undegreed @Thoughts @CigSid how would you compare strength and flavors to what I experienced? The mildness threw me off after so many medium sticks and I think that impacted my experience. I want to try it again now that I kind of know what to expect.
I would put these around a medium strength with some cream, floral notes, and I got some nuttiness from mine. Just like Undegreed put, it is hard to find a CC that is going to be a dark pepperbomb. In my limited experience, CC is more medium or sub medium strength that is usually consistent throughout and associated with leather, cream, floral, nuttiness, etc. (Bill can hit the high notes on that part)

Edit: I will definitely get you some more of these to try tho!

I would put these around a medium strength with some cream, floral notes, and I got some nuttiness from mine. Just like Undegreed put, it is hard to find a CC that is going to be a dark pepperbomb. In my limited experience, CC is more medium or sub medium strength that is usually consistent throughout and associated with leather, cream, floral, nuttiness, etc. (Bill can hit the high notes on that part)

So talcum powder falls under the "etc." label? Go it. I was curious how much Cubans will evolve over the smoking experience because many of them so far have just been consistent flavor and strength through out. I'd be up for doing a trade with you.

I agree with Brad (somewhat 😊)

As I was saying before, for some reason, maybe the fermentation process has changed (when was the last time you opened a box of cuban cigars and smelled ammonia?) some are saying the tobacco has changed to a heartier plant (but milder taste) whatever it was affected the 2015, through 2018 boxes... JL2’s should be a full flavored smoke when fresh, and my boxes from 2014 are still medium plus, full minus... I have heard that (some, not all) of the 2019 boxes are back to the “kick in the ass” strength...

Looking forward to the last 4...