• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

$100 Rocky Patel Cigar

Yeah, I've noticed that trend for the past year or so. Lots of "expensive" cigars in the $30+ range now a days. There aren't many brands I'd spring for a cigar over ~$15 now a days. I just don't think there many that are worth that price, when there so many great cigars in the $12 and below range. Some of my favorites on the in the $6 to $9 range and are just hard to beat at any price!

Love this quote:

“People were looking for something higher end,” he says. “There’s a strong demand for expensive cigars.”

😂😂
Not a more flavorful, well made cigar, just a more expensive cigar. Sounds like he slapped a $100 price tag on a $10 cigar.

But of course, there’s an incredible story behind it’s creation. 🙄

Sorry Rocky, not this time, not when I have Padron Anni, Fuente, Drew, and Perdomo is coming out with their 30th Anni also. Also, you ain't the Duke with a gun pointing at me.

Oh my. :rolleyes:

True story: A recent order from that Page place included a threefer freefer for buying a couple fivers from their current sale. One of the freebies was a Rocky Patel Edge, a smoke I'm sure MANY of us have fond, fond memories of from, well, rather quite some time ago. 😂

Now, this was literally his "bust out" smoke, the one that put him on the map, and also the one that first began to show the indisputable evidence of his now trademark bait & switch shoddy blending standards. I remember how quickly, how precipitiously that whole range declined! One shipment the Edge Sumatra was literally one of the best cigars I'd ever had up to that point (it WAS some time ago!) and the next shipment of them just .... wasn't.

Anyway, I lit it up and it was TERRIBLE. I made it maybe an inch into it before pitching it away in disgust.

~Boar

I'm sure Rocky has his fans. I hope they enjoy it. Pass from me though.

…… and also the one that first began to show the indisputable evidence of his now trademark bait & switch shoddy blending standards. I remember how quickly, how precipitiously that whole range declined!
~Boar
Bro…you can make that statement about 90% of cigar makers out there since the beginning of time.

Consistency has always been tough, more now than ever from the makers who buy tobacco from brokers. Even those who own their own farms or have solid contract growers growing on spec suffer from inconsistency from batch to batch. It’s why we seek out the unicorns from reputable makers.