• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1400 post contest

Being that I'm new here, and the fact that I'm relatively new to smoking cigars of any quality I didn't really have any content to post here until today..

I've been a volunteer firefighter since I was 16 years old. Its been a passion of mine, something that I really love and have worked very hard on over the years. When I as 21, I had my foot crushed which doused the chances of me ever being a paid firefighter. If I could have just rolled back the hands of time, I would give up my office job, the salary, the bonuses, the gravy that allows me to do the things I do today, to sweat my ass off with boys on a truck every day.

Well, the time has come in my life that I must give up fire fighting, at least for now.. I'm 31 and not in any shape to be kicking doors in and putting the wet stuff on the red stuff. I've seen my share, I've also lost a couple friends. I've had a roof collapse on me, I've delivered a baby, I've seen the results of drinking and driving time and time again. I've sucked up every minute possible in 15 years.

To get to the point, I'm moving. That means I'm moving away from my district, from my department, from my brothers and sisters. I'm moving because I have fallen in love with a woman, who I'm planning on spending the rest of my life with, whom I want to have babies with, and be a husband and father for a long time to come. With all this in mind, I won't be rejoining the department in my new neighborhood. I've been a rookie 3 times in 15 years. I don't have the patience, nor the desire to be one again. I have nothing against my new area's FD, but there's just too much work that I've invested elsewhere to start over, and risk it all again..

I may feel differently in time, but the truth is, my days of firefighting are limited. I had 15 good years of tearing stuff up and cutting cars in half, with the last 5 years really noticing that I'm not as capable as I was. I'm not saying I'm old or can't do it, but that a few years in something as taxing as firefighting can really be felt in the back, on the brow, and in the heart.

So I cleaned out my locker last night. I returned my department issued gear. I cleaned up my personally owned gear which included my leather helmet, truck belt, and maul (the three things I was never without) I brought them home with a heavy heart. I didn't realize how sad it made me until I walked in the door and my girlfriend asked me what was wrong. I had to fight the tears to remain tough. You know, fireman don't cry. I hung my helmet on the wall in my office and went outside for a smoke.

I pulled out the Opus X Fuente Fuente that Jhawk had sent me as part of a newbie sampler (thanks again buddy) and knew that this was a time where I wouldn't feel weird about smoking an expensive cigar. I poured a 6 finger drink and sat down on the patio with my dog. I day dreamed about the past, the good and the bad. I remembered the scary times when shit hit the fan and the happy times when life prevailed over death.

I just sat and remembered.

This is my best and worst cigar memory..

Looky there, the 100th reply.

Below are a handful of my worst or scariest memories that were photographed.. I won't go into the details about each, but they have their special places in my dreams.

fire.jpg

fire2.jpg

fire3.jpg

Wow great post!

And :( At the last picture.

Suprisingly, you can smile about that last picture. It was terrible, but someone up above gave us the strength, perseverance, and luck to save both lives that night. This was the most technical rescue I've ever been a part of, or even seen for that matter. It took us over an hour to extract the passenger. The driver and passenger were life flighted in separate helicopters, and the third helicopter was on its way with a bone saw when we finally got the kid out. The passenger was lodged between the tree, front wheel, dashboard, seat, and engine.. Everything was against him. I dont know the final outcome, but when he left my hands he was alive.. We did the best we could.

I could write a book about that night.. The memory is so vivid, its like watching a movie in my mind. My truck was first on scene, I remember making an assesment, getting lighting setup, getting the first helicopter on the way. Then for the next 10 minutes all I could hear was sirens, it seemed like every siren in the world was driving to where I was.. I could smell the acrid smell of a car accident, hot engine fluids. The driver was making a little noise, the passenger none. hrmm.. i'm just giving myself chills :p enough of that shit..

Got mine today! Thanks for a generous prize pack Brad!

I have stuck in the PacNW with my boss all week and come home to a very nice selection of sticks!! Thanks Brad! :thumbs:

Mine showed up in the mail today. Thanks Brad for a wonderful selections of smokes. You obviously know what I like.

I can't wait to put flame to a particular one of these.

Thanks again!!

Gary

Mine just came and holllllly crap. This is an insane prize...I don't know how to thank you enough Brad. I got back one of the sticks I wished I had never had to have gotten rid of. Thank you so much.

I was late responding to this and then a new address screwed things for a bit but I just got my prize from Brad. My first thoughts upon seeing the contents of the box were HOLY $HIT!

A prize pack worth any wait!!!!

Thanks again for the contest and the sticks.

Seth