• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1970's HdM Excalibur

lurch

I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.
Alright, here's some background on this cigar. I got this during the holiday season of 2007 from one of the D/FW BOTL's before I went to Iraq. He told us that it was a 1970's HdM Excalibur. I was wondering if anyone knew anything else about this cigar besides what I already know...

gallery_5704_381_269091.jpg

Very nice! This is the oldest non-Cuban I've ever seen. Please share your experience with us when you smoke it.

Is this really from 1970 ???
Or just called that way?

How can people age a cigar that long,very impressive!

I think it could be a regular Hoyo de Monterey... according to Cigarcyclopedia production began in Honduras in 1969. Linky

I could be mistaken, but I don't think the Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur line came along until much later- mid nineties if I recall correctly.

Do you think you could review it after you smoke it? Inquiring minds want to know...

Edited to fix poor spelling.

That's definitely something you don't see a lot of, non-Cubans with that much age. I'd be very interested to know how it smokes, if you do decide to put fire to it.

Send it to me, I'll smoke it and let you know how old it is. :whistling:

Yes, that is how old he said for it to be. You cannot really tell in the pic how yellow that cello is. I have seen this stick in person and you would be shocked how yellow it is. I think that the story on this was a friend of the BOTL's dad owned a cigar shop, and he started digging around in his storage walk in and found quite a few boxes of VERY old cigars (NC's of course). Though I could be remembering this incorrectly I beleive this is right.
B

Where's the plume?

I think the cello might have affected the growth of plume. Make no mistake about the age of this thing though. I've taken it out of the cello just once and I can barely see clearly through the plastic so I know it's got some age on it...