• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1989 Dunhill Mojito

miamipadronsmoker

Enjoying life
Last night I went to one of my finest in honor of Lee's dad who passed yesterday. I chose a 1989 Dunhill Mojito that looked like perfection. The band had the nicely aged yellow tint. I could tell this stick had been taken care of extremely well. There were noticeable oils on this 20 year old smoke. The cigar smelled so damn good. I clipped a bit of the head with my Palio and took a long prelite draw that was delicious. I really love cigars and this one was a treat already. I noticed a bit to much resistance but figured that wouldn't be a bad thing because I really wanted to take my time with this fine cigar. I torched the foot very slowly and took my first draw and I couldn't help but notice how strong this smoke was for its age. The flavors were so rich throughout the cigar. They got richer and richer the longer I smoked and I was just loving every second of it. I smoked this cigar for almost 2 hours. There was no doubt this was one the best cigars I have ever smoked. The last third of the smoke was stunning in its strength and balance. It never became harsh even at the point where I burnt the hell out of my fingers. Lee you are in my thoughts and prayers!

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

Last night I went to one of my finest in honor of Lee's dad who passed yesterday. I chose a 1989 Dunhill Mojito that looked like perfection. The band had the nicely aged yellow tint. I could tell this stick had been taken care of extremely well. There were noticeable oils on this 20 year old smoke. The cigar smelled so damn good. I clipped a bit of the head with my Palio and took a long prelite draw that was delicious. I really love cigars and this one was a treat already. I noticed a bit to much resistance but figured that wouldn't be a bad thing because I really wanted to take my time with this fine cigar. I torched the foot very slowly and took my first draw and I couldn't help but notice how strong this smoke was for its age. The flavors were so rich throughout the cigar. They got richer and richer the longer I smoked and I was just loving every second of it. I smoked this cigar for almost 2 hours. There was no doubt this was one the best cigars I have ever smoked. The last third of the smoke was stunning in its strength and balance. It never became harsh even at the point where I burnt the hell out of my fingers. Lee you are in my thoughts and prayers!

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

Nice cigar, and nice review. On a side note, I am starting to hate your signature pictures. :angry:

Great review Robbie. I've got one of these on it's way to me and you just got me even more excited for it.

Great review, and a great way to honor someone. Thank you for sharing! :thumbs:

Good review, Robbie. I'm not sure I've ever had a bad Mojito...and the cigar isn't bad either. :)

Very nice review Robbie, sorry it had to be a bittersweet experience though.

p.s. I also am becoming jealous of your sig pics. :p