• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1st Cigar in a New Cigar Dossier

KevinWHoecker

Interesting thought came to mind. I just opened my new Cigar Dossier and had a hard time deciding which cigar I would choose for the first entry. I went with a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robusto. Love these. I could have gone with a Padron 64 Torpedo or an Opus X, but I went with the 1990 Robusto. I think it is an amazing value and deserved its 92 rating by Cigar Aficionado.

So, if you guys were in the same predicament, what would you choose?

Looking in my small dorm humi, I think I would have to go with my Ashton VSG. That or a Graycliff Expresso, but that one's being saved for a special occasion. If it was my choice of any cigar, it would be a FFOX or ISOM Cohiba Robusto.

Why are you even dicking around with the Rocky Patel? You should start it with something REALLY special! Like a flavored cigar...I think you should stick with your first instincts. If I were you, I'd start it with the cigar that you mentioned in your first post here...you know the one that was better than cubans? What was that one again? Oh yeah...

KevinWHoecker said:
Lars Tetens cigars are better than most Cubans. I have never smoked a better cigar than his Shorty Maduro or the Royal. Sure, they are expensive, but doesn't the quality justify the price?
[snapback]234865[/snapback]​

KevinWHoecker said:
I think it is an amazing value and deserved its 92 rating by Cigar Aficionado.

So, if you guys were in the same predicament, what would you choose?
[snapback]234865[/snapback]​

For starters, I would disregard Cigar Aficionado and their biased ratings.

The title of this thread is misleading. I thought you meant "Fist Cigar" dossier, meaning which crand that I had never tried before would I try.

That's a good question.
\
As for me, I do not have a dossier, but 9x/10 I grab and opus, and these days it'd be a SUper Beli.

I don't like to get trapped by a brand so I would smoke either the Exodus 1959 Double Corona or an Exodus 1959 Toro

Do you even have a Cigar Dossier?

Sorry to be skeptical but I think you come here every couple of weeks and start some innocuous thread and hope people will forget your previous posts.

Only a person selling Rocky's swill would pick it over a Pam or Opus. Do yourself a favor Kevin and stop being so blatant. Do you really think the guys at this site are that stupid?

..Ok, I've stated it before, I'm a redneck.

but, what the heck is a Cigar Dossier? Do you hand it to people when you meet them, hoping to impress them with your impeccable taste? Or is it something you take with you on job interviews?
color me stupid. wait, don't do that.

hornetguy said:
but, what the heck is a Cigar Dossier?
[snapback]235190[/snapback]​

its like a cigar diary. i dont have one, but i have thought it might be intresting to read what i thought about, say...an opus, 2 years ago versus today.

seems like too much work. the last thing i want to do after enjoying my cigar is homework.

If I didn't talk about anything we sell, well...., I wouldn't be able to talk at all (maybe Opus X and Cubans, but that is it). I am trying to start a conversation about cigars, because I love them as much as the next guy on this board and I thought it was an interesting question.

To address some other issues:
Yes, I love Lars Tetens cigars (especially the VII and the Shorty Maduro). Also, of course I have a cigar dossier, which is precisely why I posted this thread. Futher, just so you all know also, I am a Cubs fan. That should give you something more to try and rip on me about.

The smoking of the RP last night went well. I only gave it a 8.5 out of 10 however. It has such a short finish that it couldn't recieve a 9. I guess it is all those darn PAN Torpedos I have been smoking. Killing my taste buds.

The Master said:
Only a person selling Rocky's swill would pick it over a Pam or Opus. Do yourself a favor Kevin and stop being so blatant. Do you really think the guys at this site are that stupid?
[snapback]235153[/snapback]​

Baron Porthos said:
I don't like to get trapped by a brand so I would smoke either the Exodus 1959 Double Corona or an Exodus 1959 Toro
[snapback]235044[/snapback]​

gotta keep those options open.. :laugh:

Hmmmmmm, a "Cigar Dossier" what a NEAT idea!!!

Does anyone know where I can get one? I'd spend oh..... $30.00 on one in a heartbeat!

coventrycat86 said:
Hmmmmmm, a "Cigar Dossier" what a NEAT idea!!!

Does anyone know where I can get one? I'd spend oh..... $30.00 on one in a heartbeat!
[snapback]235245[/snapback]​

Sure, Arango Cigar Co.

They are a cigar distributor in Northbrook, IL. They are the publisher.

800-22-CIGAR

i use a blank, hard bound journal from staples (7.00 item).

Mine is pretty intricate: Spiral notbook, some scotch tape for taping the band to the page, and a friggin pencil to jot down my thoughts!

All said and done, $1 (plus tax and tags).

I don't call it a "dossier" either. I like the more sophisticated name for it: a notebook!