• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1st Cigar that blew you away!

I have smoked a lot of cigars in the past.  Lots of CoRo and Esplendidos when I was on the road.  I had no idea what I was smoking then (figuratively and possibly literally, at times).  I thought they were great at the time.

The first cigar that truly blew me away, however, was shortly after I joined here.  Wurm sent me some PnS MFLB.  Mind.  Blown.  A very close second place would be my first Padron Panatella.

This place truly helped me learn to appreciate cigars, rather than simply just smoking cigars.

Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro at a friends's kid's bar mitzvah. It was just astounding. At the end of the night there were some left in the box so I helped myself to a few.

Mine was a WOAM that drunkfish sent me when I was in Iraq.  That thing was so good it didn't want to put it down, so I carved a match stick to a point and smoked it until my lips nearly burnt.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:8358]

The Ashton VSG figurado was the one that did it for me.  Tasty little cigar, and I get a kick out of vitola.  

My first real cigar, an Indios Rothschild Maduro, certainly blew me away and was the entire reason I decided to keep smoking cigars. The flavors it produced at the time were the exact idea I had in my head of how a cigar would taste. At that point I was hooked.

The experience was not really reproduced until I had a Padron Millennium Maduro a few years back. That was cigar nirvana.

I would have to say an '08 Monte Sublime. It was like a layered chocolate cake! I haven't had that much chocolate in a cigar since. Still wish I had the rest of that box.

[SIZE=11pt]For me it’s Belicosos Finos. It’s my all time favorite and it making me happy till now.[/SIZE]

The one that really swept my feet away and also made me stop breathing for the next 20 minutes, I don't know the name of. It had a darkish wrapping and corona size. Probably a convenient store cheapo. Anyway, I figured out that I would make smoke rings (probably not entirely sober at the time), so I "hotpuffed" id and made a biiig looong draw which I inhaled. Needless to say, it was "lights out" for the next 20 minutes..  :laugh:  This was probably 25 years ago.

But the one that really made me want to continue the cigar hobby was a Davidoff Millennium Blend Robusto. It was enjoyed with a good Dalmore single malt 15 years on the patio a lovely sunny afternoon just after finishing an Argentinian Entrecote steak. I've been smoking cigars regularily only abt 5 years, and the one in mention was enjoyed a mere three years ago.

Padron 1926 anniv.  (Probably in the belicoso or robusto vitola range.  Can't really remember.)  Before this cigar, cigar was just a curiosity that I indulged in from time to time.

Edit: Probably a no 6 or no 35.

First one that really blew me away was an Opus X #5. Got it in my newbie trade sampler. Was going to save it for a long time because at that time I never thought I would get another one. Stepthirteen told me I had to smoke it and do a review. Amazing cigar. So much better than anything I had smoked up to that point.

That was the first of many, many Opus I've enjoyed.

I can't remember which I smoked first, but it was either the AF Work of Art Maduro or Between the Lines.  Haven't had either in years, may have to go find some.

A ten year old Bolivar Corona Gigante.

I had been smoking turds from General Cigar for years before I found out what I was missing.

for me it was either the OG release of the RP Edge Sumatra or the CAO Brazila Gol

T

Nihon_Ni said:
Mine was a WOAM that drunkfish sent me when I was in Iraq.  That thing was so good it didn't want to put it down, so I carved a match stick to a point and smoked it until my lips nearly burnt.

The picture tells the story.  Nicely done.