• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1st Cigar that blew you away!

I don't recall which I had 1st but there were 3 smokes that I recall saying... Damn, that was good!

Troya Classico (by Pepin Garcia)
Cohiba siglo VI tubo from 08, smoked in '09
Pardon 1964 Anniversary Maduro dilomatico.
CAO l'anniversary extreme.
These all stood out and bam I was in heaven while enjoying these.

As far as i could remember the first one i smoked was a J.R Cigar. But i liked it a lot

I think my first really good cigar was a RP Decade in 2008.  Its funny how must my taste changed though as I tried one recently and didn't care for it.  

hmm for me it was an El Rey Del Mundo Robusta Largo? This was back in 1992?  Had many since great cigars since then but this was the first. (maybe just did not know better I keep trying them when I see them but the flavor profile just does not do it for me anymore)

Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur
Or maybe Arturo Fuento Canones Maduros
It's a toss-up.

Padron 1926 #2 Natural. I still smokes the naturals regularly. I love when you pick up a Padron, you always know what your going to get.

First non-habano that 'blew me away' was a Padron 1926 Serie No. 6 maduro.  That was almost 6 years ago and since then I almost exclusivly smoke Padrons.  Probably accounts for 85% of my smoking (as shown by my humidor.)  I also was blown away when I had my first Cohiba BHK 54...

Padron '26 No. 35 from Joe Gohlke as part of my newbie sampler.  It changed everything.

It had to either be the RASS or the Padron Millenium I smoked with Jeff and Jorge in 2006...although that might have been the atmosphere as much as it was the cigar too.

OpusXKC said:
My first real cigar, an Indios Rothschild Maduro, certainly blew me away and was the entire reason I decided to keep smoking cigars. The flavors it produced at the time were the exact idea I had in my head of how a cigar would taste. At that point I was hooked.

The experience was not really reproduced until I had a Padron Millennium Maduro a few years back. That was cigar nirvana.

I remember that day. Burnt finger tips and all. A damn fine smoke. But in reality I am still awaiting that elusive cigar that just totally mind rapes me. Because that is the day I stop smoking cigars or I'm dead.

I would have to say it was a Cuesta-Rey Centro fino Sungrown No. 9. It was such a fantastic smoke!

I am a month into the hobby and yet to have fine one to blow me away. But I have only smoked 10 or so sticks. Not enough to find the "one."