• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1st production 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Goes to CANO OZGENER

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
Cool story. Didnt know Cano was a car buff!

Proceeds went to charity:

Cadillac sold its first 2009 CTS-V for $75,000 last night in New York City at a charity auction as part of A Night to Remember, an event full of "fine food, wine, and cigars," GM says. Hosted by Cigar Aficionado magazine, the event helped raise about $1.3 million for the Prostate Cancer Foundation.

The $75,000 winning bid came from Cano Ozgener, founder of CAO International, an international producer of premium cigars. This is not the first time a new Cadillac has been auctioned off at A Night to Remember. According to Cigar Aficionado's Web site, a 2007 Cadillac XLR sold for $75,000 last year and an Escalade sold for $64,000 two years ago.

For more on the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V, read our First Look HERE or see how the last-generation model fared against a Chrysler 300C SRT8 and Pontiac GTO HERE.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6240082/auto_new...rity/index.html

Yea...a $62K car for $75K......not bad! (really).

On the other hand...an SRT-8 is around $20K less.

Im hoping they keep it under the 70K mark. If they do Im so in!!

Mmmm... definitely not your father's Caddy. :whistling:

0801_03z%202009_cadillac_CTS-V%20interior_view.jpg

0801_01z%202009_cadillac_CTS-V%20front_three_quarter_view.jpg

This is supposed to be a rocket ship now that they upgraded the horsepower. It's supposed to give the M series a run for it's money. Alex, if you get one, please post a review!!

This is supposed to be a rocket ship now that they upgraded the horsepower. It's supposed to give the M series a run for it's money. Alex, if you get one, please post a review!!
I've been looking at them too, but the competition from the new V8 M3 or an Audi S5 is pretty stiff. Most guys won't drive these on the dragstrip, so the overall car's performance is what the focus needs to be on. I will give GM kudos for realizing who the competition is.... :cool:

Besides if CTS horsepower is what you are looking for, these guys whip everyone's ass. 427 cu, 620 HP, 570 ft-lbs of torque....for the win.
No substitute for cubic inches, to be sure..... :thumbs:

Regards - B.B.S.

Considering the first of the new Corvette ZR-1 sold for over $1,000,000, I would say that's a pretty good price and I pretty good cause :thumbs: .

Considering the first of the new Corvette ZR-1 sold for over $1,000,000, I would say that's a pretty good price and I pretty good cause :thumbs: .

ZR1 btw, no dash. :)

ZR-1's are the early 90's models, the 2009 model is ZR1