• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2000 Graham's Late Bottled Vintage (LBV) Port

NorCalCigarLover

The Wine Guy
Reaction score
We did a sweet wine and food pairing last night in cooking class which included about 19 different wines. Everything from Sauternes, Muscat, Sherry, Eiswein, Reisling to Port, Late Harvest Zin and Tawny Port. We paired these with desserts and tapas that we prepared in the first part of the class including an outstanding polenta cake, dates stuffed with chorizo wrapped with bacon and empanadillas filled with tuna. I'm still paying for last nights class this morning.

One of the Ports that stood out for me was the 2000 Graham's Late Bottled Vintage Port. I've been collecting a few vintage ports from the 2000 vintage but they wont be ready for another 15 years at the earliest. A LBV port is kept in the barrel longer so much of the aging is done for you. Now, take one of these and lay it down for an additional 5 years and you have one awesome Port! But, no need to wait .. this is showing nice right now and at a great price point, under $20. This went great with the polenta cake and chocolate desserts we prepared and would also be a nice pairing with a creamy blue veined cheese. Also a perfect cigar wine, I'm picking up a couple of these myself.

:cool:

I've been looking for the 2000 Graham LBV all over the Twin Cities with no luck. I went to my mother-in-law's for christams and the local store in Superior WI, has a case.

I bought a bottle to try on Christmas eve, and it is excellent. Went back the next day and bought two more bottles. Very nice, I tasted chocolate and cherries, complexity approaching that of a vintage port but without the rich depth that vintage ports have. Unfortunately, Graham LBV ports are filtered, so this one is not going to get a lot better with age, fortunately, it is already very very good.

Now I have to try and find an unfiltered 2000 LBV (Warre, Noval?).

I bought a bottle at Christmas, I guess I have to try it now.

Good stuff :thumbs:

Yup, It's not going to get too much better with age but that's what a LBV is made for, drinking now.

Anybody try any of the '03's yet?

I opened my bottle last week and I wasn't overly impressed, it was ok, but not super special... Fonseca is still my favorite.

Yahoo! I just had some more of this with a Blue Stilton. Every bit of goodness from the port was intensifed while the cheeze became a different thing altogether. Or was it the other way around?

Now I know why Port and blue cheese is a classic combination. :love:

I want to thank NorCal for posting about this port. I was out with friends last night eating a late dessert and I wanted to try some port. Never having had port before I was very pleased to see the Grahams LBV on the short list of port, and it was one of the better priced options. It was great! It paired well with the chocolate based dessert that I chose. Thanks again NorCal!

a creamy blue veined cheese.

Hmmm... not sure THAT is what I'll be opening a bottle of this up and and enjoying, but you go right ahead. LMAO!

LMAO!! no, but you will soon be opening up a bottle of something else ;)

I want to thank NorCal for posting about this port. I was out with friends last night eating a late dessert and I wanted to try some port. Never having had port before I was very pleased to see the Grahams LBV on the short list of port, and it was one of the better priced options. It was great! It paired well with the chocolate based dessert that I chose. Thanks again NorCal!

WOOHOO!! glad you enjoyed it Schwiering. For the price this is good juice :thumbs: