• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2004 ELs?

other1

Cigarpassaholic. Mmm.. cigarpassahol.
I see a few sites offering the 2004 ELs. habanos.com doesn't say anything about them. Anyone have a definitive reference to what the 2004 ELs are?

Nobody? Mike? Bill? Dave?

Bueller?

Anybody?

Unconfirmed Basic Info:

2004 ELs

Romeo Hermosos No. 2, 48 ring gauge by 6 1/8 inches
Partagas Serie D No. 1, 50 ring gauge by 6 2/3 inches long
Cohiba Sublimes, 54 ring gauge by about 6 1/2 inches.

Boxes of 25 cigars

lucasbuck said:
other1 said:
MilesMingusMonk said:
:0 :0 :0 Sign me up!
I know. I've been anxiously awaiting these myself but no word so far :(
Hmmm...if anyone can locate those Sublimes they sound like a good final purchase for our EL Group Buy :)

DC's are on their way right now.

Tony Bones said:
lucasbuck said:
other1 said:
MilesMingusMonk said:
:0 :0 :0 Sign me up!
I know. I've been anxiously awaiting these myself but no word so far :(
Hmmm...if anyone can locate those Sublimes they sound like a good final purchase for our EL Group Buy :)

DC's are on their way right now.
My friend who runs several stores in Cuba says November 2004 is the expected release date (for his stores atleast).

Got some of the RyJ Hermoso #2 - matter of fact brought one to the herf on saturday - think Dave smoked it up?

I can meet you one day after work later this week and I'll bring you one to test drive.

The one I smoked was good - not great - but showed potential.

The two released so far don't intereste me too much, but man, I want to try those sublimes when they come out.

This week is pretty busy for me, but we should plan something for next week. I'll pm you later in the week..

cvmfour said:
Sublimes won't be out until October or November :(
I believe that they are available in bundles of 25 from somewhere now......at $750 a bundle

Fast4Dr said:
I believe that they are available in bundles of 25 from somewhere now......at $750 a bundle
Good GOD. They're learning from the Fuente's! Now EVERYTHING'S gonna be "EL".

Bringing this back from the grave...anyone had a go at one of these yet? Curious newbies (newbie) wants to know. :)

I've had a couple -- wasn't impressed, especially given the price. Perhaps they will develop in a year or two, or perhaps not.

One I don't plan on smoking mine for at least 2 years, We'll have to see then.

If this is the case? I'm wondering if the whole "EL" thing is being over played? The earlier years may have been good, but now they may be riding the wave....

any thoughts?

Big100HD said:
One I don't plan on smoking mine for at least 2 years, We'll have to see then.

If this is the case? I'm wondering if the whole "EL" thing is being over played? The earlier years may have been good, but now they may be riding the wave....

any thoughts?
[snapback]160582[/snapback]​

I dunno, it's sort of been a mixed bag for me -- but I expect that there will always be EL releases, because, frankly, it's a marketing method that works. Cigar aficionados are interested in limited edition cigars, and casual cigar smokers are impressed by the "limited edition" moniker.

I don't expect it's a trend that will change any time soon. Heck for 4 out of the last 5 years, Habanos SA has introduced a number of cigar lines each year that are limited release for that year alone (in theory). That's impressive even by Fuente standards... especially when you add in all of the custom rolled's, the humidors, books, etc.

Me? I welcome the variety. More cigars to try... sample a stick or two, see if you like 'em or think they have potential, and if so, buy more. If not, don't.

I've had a Sublime and they are really too young to tell what kind of potential they might have in the future. It had the distinct cohiba flavors, but they didn't seem as pronounced to me. May'be it was going sick or something. I say buy'm if ya got the money. They will only increase in value over the years.