• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2006 Edicion Limitadas

sheesh! As if the Cohiba Piramide dates weren't confusing enough. Hopefully, they'll have box codes from '05 and will have another unofficial release in '07.

If they do re introduce original EL's it ruins the rarity of the first releases and make the whole idea of limited releases a joke. Gee what a surprise from Altadis, greedy scum.

The Master said:
If they do re introduce original EL's it ruins the rarity of the first releases and make the whole idea of limited releases a joke. Gee what a surprise from Altadis, greedy scum.
[snapback]215972[/snapback]​

Has anyone translated this page; I don't think it says
they are re-releasing the Gold Medal.

Does this help? Found it on Brothers of the Leaf board:

Quote:
The Germans are ahead of the English on the "market-specific" smokes, however. In fact, they have taken it a step further. A cigar shop in Cologne, La Casa del Habano, has just reintroduced the Bolivar Gold Medal in packs of ten. The lonsdale-sized smoke, with a 42 ring, hasn't been made since the 1980s.

I haven't smoked one of the new ones, but the packaging alone, which was copied exactly down to the bright gold foil inset, is to die for. The cigars sell for 16 euros (about $21) each. All are made in the Partagas factory. Only 1,000 boxes were made.

"Partagas made the blend according to the original," said Christoph Wolters, who manages the shop in Cologne and oversaw the production of the new cigar. Wolters is the same man who had the Partagas factory produce the Salomon II in 1996, which is a legend among cigar aficionados.

Wolters is one of the best-connected tobacco men in the Cuban cigar business. He convinced the Partagas factory to discreetly make a limited production of the Salmones in the mid-1990s. Only 5,000 of the large shaped cigars were produced. They are sold in individually numbered, specially designed wooden humidors (all different in style) with two bundles of 25 cigars each. They cost about $10,000 each in the beginning and continue to sell for about the same price at auction and from private individuals.

So -- thankfully for Cuban cigar lovers -- Wolters is back at it again. "We ordered these as special-production Gold Medals two years ago," added Wolters. "The Gold Medal was one of the great Cuban cigars. I just had to have it made again."

From a C.A. article...The LCdH in Germany ordered them just for themselves.

End of Qoute.
T

Yes the BGM's were a limited run of 10,000 cigars with 10 to a box. There will be no more made unless Wolters want to make more.

According to my sources the 2006 Limitadas will be introduced at next years Habanos Festival in late Feb.2006 and then released in late summer , probably to European market to start.

I personally think they should have produced the 2006 limitadas in different series/brands to keep collecters interests and value for older limitadas in one's collection.

Hmmm... I would like to see a limitada production for a Monetcrsito Torpedo size or a Punch belicosos and a Super robusto in Bolivar's. I guess they've run out of options as limitadas exist in most medium to full bodied cuban cigar brands. ;)

dcbancroft,

"I personally think they should have produced the 2006 limitadas in different series/brands to keep collecters interests and value for older limitadas in one's collection"

Excellent post. The people who have the original releases are now going to see the value of them drop.

one website and it is german(which i cant read too well)...i will believe it when habanos sa announces what the '06 el's are.

derrek :)