• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2006 Habanos Release News

ML237

On a prowl ...can't stop...lost my mind...up in sm
This year, the 8th Habano Cigar Festival was rich in events and new cigar introductions. During it all they celebrated the 40th anniversary of Cohiba, Romeo y Julieta celebrated its 131st anniversary, first time feature of the Armagnac Habano Trophy and the Cigar Roller competition. In addition there were visits to: Pinar del Río(visit to Vuelta Abajo region, in the province of Pinar del Río, featuring most prestigious plantations of the whole world); El Laguito Tobacco Factory(production site of the great Cohiba); ETC

Most importantly to us there will be more then a dozen of new vitola introductions many of which were inspired by the "lost" vitolas of the past.

Romeo y Julieta - Short Churchill. This Robusto, measuring 4 7/8 x 50, is one of the most popular sizes in the Havana range and was made in the Romeo y Julieta blend only in 2001 (as part of the Edicion Limitada series) and in 2003 (as part of the special Seleccion Robustos case).

Cohiba - Behike. The Cohiba Behike has the same length as the Lancero and the same girth as the Siglo VI. New vitola size 7 1/2 x 52. The 4,000 Cohiba Behike cigars will be sold in 40-unit containers – double-ringed and numbered from 1 to 4,000 – presented in 100 humidors made by Elie Bleu.

Cohiba Siglo II (5 1/8 x 42) will be offered in aluminum tubes, styled after the Siglo VI.

Partagas - Culebras sized 5 1/4 inches x 33. All-handmade Culebras de Partagas – offered for the first time since before nationalization of the Cuban cigar industry in 1960. Since then, only machine-made Culebras have been offered by H. Upmann, Romeo y Julieta and Partagas and only the latter is still in production.

• The 2006 E.L. line celebrating the 5th anniversary of their introduction are re-issuing three favorites:(this has to be my favorite :thumbs: )
Cohiba Piramides (6 1/8 x 52), originally issued in 2001, in boxes of 10;
Montecristo Robustos (4 7/8 x 50), from 2000, in boxes of 25 and
Partagas Serie D No. 3 (5 5/8 x 46), from 2001, in boxes of 25.

• New Coleccion Habanos edition– book humidor issued for the 5th time featuring Trinidad brand containing 20 cigars of yet another new shape.
Trinidad “Torre Iznaga” (i.e. Iznaga Tower) measuring 6 11/16th x 52. A total of 500 boxes will be made.

• H. Upmann Humidor a new production of an old style, filled with 50 cigars of the new factory shape “Tacos Imperiales”.
H. Upmann “Tacos Imperiales” which is a perfecto shape measuring 6 5/8 x 49. Only 200 humidors will be made.

• Regional releases a special exclusive vitolas for a limited number of the 2006 cigars available at regional retailers in Asia-Pacific, Germany, Italy and France.

Asia-Pacific:
Punch Super Robusto (6 1/8 x 50)
Ramon Allones Estupendo (7 x 47);
Germany:
Por Larranaga Lonsdales (6 1/2 x 42
Bolivar Colosales (6 1/16 x 50)
Italy:
Punch Superfinos (4 3/4 x 42)
France:
Bolivar Libertadores (6 1/2 x 54)
Juan Lopez Obus (5 1/2 x 52)

Now we are just left with a lot of drool and realizing a dream to actually get our paws on any of these fine new offerings.

Out of all of 'em, only the Ramon Allones Estupendo and Cohiba Behike interest me... and since it is unlikely I'll ever see a Behike... time to look out for some RA Estupendos... and maybe a Partagas Culebra just for fun. :)

Thanks for posting the info. But I have to agree with Moki...there is only so much there that gets me excited. However, I am interested in the H. Upmann (never gonna see one), and the Bolivar Libertadores.

n

moki said:
Out of all of 'em, only the Ramon Allones Estupendo and Cohiba Behike interest me... and since it is unlikely I'll ever see a Behike... time to look out for some RA Estupendos... and maybe a Partagas Culebra just for fun. :)
[snapback]298670[/snapback]​

Wow I'm surprised Moki I thought you would be more enthusiastic about them 2006 E.L. re-releases ??? I know they will be in my radar screen to at least try if not obtain.

Hmm no interest in Boli Libertadores or Colosales .. interesting :whistling:

nfulton said:
Thanks for posting the info. But I have to agree with Moki...there is only so much there that gets me excited. However, I am interested in the H. Upmann (never gonna see one), and the Bolivar Libertadores.
[snapback]298700[/snapback]​

You're welcome, but I'm still stoked and probably WAY to much influenced by the Habanos SA marketing machine. Besides many of the regional release cigars and 2006 E.L. re-release I pray to Habano God's (or Fidel as he's known :p) to try these new vitolas my perennial favs Trini Iznaga (or the H.Upmann perfecto tacos Imperiales).

But being that I do have a preference for Robustos I'm excited about that RyJ Short Churchill most although Punch Super Robusto & Juan Lopez Obus.

jabba said:
Nothing Special for Canada :(
[snapback]298704[/snapback]​

:sign: Canada :sign: ...wait you weren't kidding Jabba? RLMAO

A couple of months ago, I read that there would be a special release of Montecristo named the Maravillas(7 1/8 x 55), but have since not seen anything about it. Could this be the Montecristo book?

The RyJ Short Churchill definintely interests me - but I am most excited about the re-release of the PSD3s and Culebras!

does anyone have any more info on the ramon estupendo? Is it a re-release or what? i personally can't wait to try one.

:thumbs: :thumbs: Will be looking for Por Larranaga Lonsdales, Partagas Culebras and Cohiba Piramids when available. Hope to score a few. ;) ;) :whistling:

ffopusxff said:
:thumbs: :thumbs: Will be looking for Por Larranaga Lonsdales, Partagas Culebras and Cohiba Piramids when available. Hope to score a few. ;) ;) :whistling:
[snapback]300459[/snapback]​

That's what I'm talking about now that is some enthusiasm :thumbs: I will be with your bro riding right in your footsteps. ;)

Now when we do hear about the confiremed release date (I'm all over it) we just need someone experienced and generous CP BOTL to set up a nice group buy, no? ???

:thumbs:
ML237 said:
That's what I'm talking about now that is some enthusiasm :thumbs: I will be with your bro riding right in your footsteps. ;)

Now when we do hear about the confiremed release date (I'm all over it) we just need someone experienced and generous CP BOTL to set up a nice group buy, no? ???
[snapback]300460[/snapback]​
I will be second in the GB :thumbs: :thumbs: :D

ffopusxff said:
:thumbs:
ML237 said:
That's what I'm talking about now that is some enthusiasm  :thumbs:  I will be with your bro riding right in your footsteps. ;) 

Now when we do hear about the confiremed release date (I'm all over it) we just need someone experienced and generous CP BOTL to set up a nice group buy, no?  ???
I will be second in the GB :thumbs: :thumbs: :D
[snapback]300471[/snapback]​

Well I can count 2 already :whistling: ;)

chino said:
does anyone have any more info on the ramon estupendo? Is it a re-release or what? i personally can't wait to try one.
[snapback]299822[/snapback]​

There has never been a Ramon Allones Estupendo in production. It is going to be a 7x47 Julieta 2 vitola. It will be available only in the Asia-Pacific region and those served by PCC. If you are a churchill smoker, this is one that I would be looking for as well.

ML237 said:
ffopusxff said:

From the information that I have found, release dates for the regional releases should be around June or July. Have not gotten anything on the ELs.

the PL Lonsdales might be a little hard to score, but I'm sure you can get hooked up with them if you try. The only problem with the Cohiba Piramides is that they are going to be bloody expensive. :p Good luck, you guys. :thumbs:

sack said:
i can count three! :D
[snapback]300516[/snapback]​

Strayvector said:
Count me in as well.
[snapback]300546[/snapback]​

Well that is 4 by my count ;) Now we only need a FOG ready to take the lead on board by June/July :whistling: ah yeah and a big bag of $$$ :p

Looking good let's keep this going boys!

ffopusxff said:

Count me in! I have the cash in hand right now!! :thumbs: