• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2006 RTDA attendee's

All I know is that the cigar shop owner of my local haunt says he will give me the Ashton ESG and LFD Mysterio that he is given...if he is given one of them!!! :thumbs: And for now...I beleive him. (gotta give it up for "hope")

-Fetter

All I know is that the cigar shop owner of my local haunt says he will give me the Ashton ESG and LFD Mysterio that he is given...if he is given one of them!!! :thumbs: And for now...I beleive him. (gotta give it up for "hope")

-Fetter

That's very nice of him, I envy you, hehe.

Cigargawg said he was bringing me back an ESG this year :thumbs:

No that was that dream I was having earlier.

Maybe he will at least let me look at it...touch it...smell it(if they really even exist):laugh: :laugh:.

CYG

Still no ESGs. Did see a box of them, but was told I'd be shot if I broke into the display! :angry:

The Mysterio looks great. Gonna let it rest (and my taste buds restore) before I light it up!

Jim

Still no ESGs. Did see a box of them, but was told I'd be shot if I broke into the display! :angry:

The Mysterio looks great. Gonna let it rest (and my taste buds restore) before I light it up!

Jim

Hey Jim!

Thanks for stopping by bro, it was a pleasure!

~Mark
(The Puck guy btw)

The Davidoff Shop in the Venitian had two boxes of ESGs won from Ashton in a charity deal(they sold out in less than a day)! The rest of the country will have the 375 boxes they are going to release next week!
It was good to meet you too Mark! :p

Jim

Hey Jim!

Thanks for stopping by bro, it was a pleasure!

~Mark
(The Puck guy btw)

It was great meeting you too! (You did a great job!).
I also bumped into Smokeyballs and the Outlaw gang, as well as Puffstuff.
Wish I could have met more of ya'll!

Jim

Here's my quick RTDA takes.. just wish I didn't fall sick the last couple of days, I didn't get out as much as I wanted to (and paid for it when I did :) ).

Just a few cigars of note...

Ashton -- yes, the ESG Churchills will be showing up very soon. The Robusto size will in theory be out in December, and then each December until 2009 a new size will be introduced, for a total of 5 sizes. I was told that the older sizes would stay in production, so that would mean the Churchills should in theory be released over 5 years (but I suppose that's subject to how many are available).

La Flor Dominicana -- Litto introduced a few new things, including the LG Diez blended Small Batch No.1 which is still a Dominican puro, but has a Sumatran wrapper and tobacco from 2002. Also the Coronado line was introduced, along with the interestingly shaped Mysterio. He's also working on an "A" sized Double Ligero cigar that I'd imagine will bring many people to their knees :)

Fuente -- The "tins" that were introduced at last RTDA are actually in the DR now, and so I'd imagine they will be showing up in December or so. There will be 3 different sizes, and they will be regular production, the plan is that they will accompany regular Opus shipments that vendors get. There was also a new Double Corona sized Stanford's Cameroon Reserve, which will be sold in boxes of 24 like the belicoso. They also had on display the Stanford's 90th Anniversary cigar in the leather box, which should be shipping soon.

Tatuaje -- Tatuaje was there with a new "Havana 6" line that is a blend sort of between the Tatuaje and Cabaiguan blends, which will be available in 6 sizes. It will be more widely available, at a lower price point than the other Tatuaje lines, as it is being produced in Nicaragua, not Miami. Pete had an awful lot of people at his booth, and seemed to be having a blast with it all. He also had a medium filler cigar in the works, the name of which I don't recall. Part of his goal is to get these two new lines more widely distributed, to provide something for vendors when supplies of the Miami produced Tatuaje line are sparse.

CAO -- yes, Virgina, the CAO booth had the Vision cigar there, and yes, the neon on the box really does light up when you press a button. It also displays the relative humidity and temperature inside of the box on a display that sits outside of it. I didn't try the Vision cigar yet, but I heard some fairly positive reports on it. They also had some very funky looking cigars in an "Italia vs. Brazillia" box...

Oliva -- Oliva has entirely redone their packaging and bands, as well as introduced some new "Special S" blends that are reportedly excellent (again, I haven't smoked 'em yet). I had a great time talking with a number of the folks at their booth, but I was sick towards the end of the show, and wasn't smoking...

Drew Estates -- Suffice it to say that something VERY interesting, and very unlike Drew Estates is in the works. Keep your eyes peeled for the Liga Privada No.9 in the next year or so... it was quite impressive as a smoke, not infused with flavoring of any kind, with a robust but smooth profile, and an aged CT broadleaf ligero maduro wrapper.

I have all sorts of pictures and such from the show that I haven't gotten to yet. Padron didn't introduce anything new that I could see... and I'm sure there are other hi-lights that I missed or have forgotten, but this is the wrap-up that a quarter will buy ya from moki.

Andrew,

Thanks for the great report. :thumbs:

Now get better and get back to work. :D

Wilkey

Thanks for the info, some interesting things happening.

Brian

Here's my quick RTDA takes.. just wish I didn't fall sick the last couple of days, I didn't get out as much as I wanted to (and paid for it when I did :) ).

Just a few cigars of note...

Ashton -- yes, the ESG Churchills will be showing up very soon. The Robusto size will in theory be out in December, and then each December until 2009 a new size will be introduced, for a total of 5 sizes. I was told that the older sizes would stay in production, so that would mean the Churchills should in theory be released over 5 years (but I suppose that's subject to how many are available).

La Flor Dominicana -- Litto introduced a few new things, including the LG Diez blended Small Batch No.1 which is still a Dominican puro, but has a Sumatran wrapper and tobacco from 2002. Also the Coronado line was introduced, along with the interestingly shaped Mysterio. He's also working on an "A" sized Double Ligero cigar that I'd imagine will bring many people to their knees :)

Fuente -- The "tins" that were introduced at last RTDA are actually in the DR now, and so I'd imagine they will be showing up in December or so. There will be 3 different sizes, and they will be regular production, the plan is that they will accompany regular Opus shipments that vendors get. There was also a new Double Corona sized Stanford's Cameroon Reserve, which will be sold in boxes of 24 like the belicoso. They also had on display the Stanford's 90th Anniversary cigar in the leather box, which should be shipping soon.

Tatuaje -- Tatuaje was there with a new "Havana 6" line that is a blend sort of between the Tatuaje and Cabaiguan blends, which will be available in 6 sizes. It will be more widely available, at a lower price point than the other Tatuaje lines, as it is being produced in Nicaragua, not Miami. Pete had an awful lot of people at his booth, and seemed to be having a blast with it all. He also had a medium filler cigar in the works, the name of which I don't recall. Part of his goal is to get these two new lines more widely distributed, to provide something for vendors when supplies of the Miami produced Tatuaje line are sparse.

CAO -- yes, Virgina, the CAO booth had the Vision cigar there, and yes, the neon on the box really does light up when you press a button. It also displays the relative humidity and temperature inside of the box on a display that sits outside of it. I didn't try the Vision cigar yet, but I heard some fairly positive reports on it. They also had some very funky looking cigars in an "Italia vs. Brazillia" box...

Oliva -- Oliva has entirely redone their packaging and bands, as well as introduced some new "Special S" blends that are reportedly excellent (again, I haven't smoked 'em yet). I had a great time talking with a number of the folks at their booth, but I was sick towards the end of the show, and wasn't smoking...

Drew Estates -- Suffice it to say that something VERY interesting, and very unlike Drew Estates is in the works. Keep your eyes peeled for the Liga Privada No.9 in the next year or so... it was quite impressive as a smoke, not infused with flavoring of any kind, with a robust but smooth profile, and an aged CT broadleaf ligero maduro wrapper.

I have all sorts of pictures and such from the show that I haven't gotten to yet. Padron didn't introduce anything new that I could see... and I'm sure there are other hi-lights that I missed or have forgotten, but this is the wrap-up that a quarter will buy ya from moki.

Good stuff, Moki. The other thing that struck me were the number of manufacturers trying to come up with an answer to the Rocky Patel Edge. Of course, Camacho did this last year with the Legend-Ario. This year, both Alec Bradley and Gurkha moved into that market. I sampled the Alec Bradley Maxx...good cigar, more complex than the Edge. I also sampled the Gurkha...very similar to the Edge.