• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2012 NHL Playoff Contest - Final Round In Progress!

Looks like round two match ups are as follows:

East:
NY Rangers - Yojimbo vs.Washington Capitals - Black Cloud
New Jersey Devils - tallpaul vs. Philadelphia Flyers - coopsdeloops

West:
Las Angeles Kings - thefatguy vs. St Louis Blues - bxcigrfan
Phoenix Coyotes - drunkfish vs. Nashville Predators - Gern Blansten

Congrats on making the second round gents. To those of you that luck didn't smile on, you have my thanks for playing, please stay around to watch the rest of this good time!

what the heck the freaking KIngs are destroying my team!
Devils game last night was good.

This is one of the strangest set of playoffs I've seen in awhile.
Triple OT was amazing the other night.
Looks like I may end up rooting for a team I dont usually follow, but in the meantime GO FLYERS.

Wow! Didn't see the LA onslaught coming. An impressive 8-1 in the post season. Dispatched the #1 seed and brought out this to tidy up the #2 seed:

071798506319.jpg

Yeah, LA is becoming an issue. Hopefully they get thumped next round. I'd hate to meet them in the finals.

L.A. will not have a easy time with the yotes.

now im chearing for anyone who goes against the LA queens. i know hate another team besides boston

Man, where is all this coming from? You guys stocking up on the Hater-ade I see. No matter, the Kings will show you guys what hockey in SoCal is all about.

(Though I am nervous about facing Phoenix or Nashville. Both teams played the Kings tough.)

No hate from me, just surprise. Though they were 25-13-11 in the 49 regular season games Sutter coached. They are clearly responding to his system and style of coaching. One would not have expected this in the first few months of the season, to be sure.

Phoenix is sneaky good. They bring nothing "brand-name" to the table, except for their coach. Lots of heart and hard work.

IMHO, with the way LA is playing right now, they'd beat either one of them.

Man, where is all this coming from? You guys stocking up on the Hater-ade I see. No matter, the Kings will show you guys what hockey in SoCal is all about.

(Though I am nervous about facing Phoenix or Nashville. Both teams played the Kings tough.)

Blues played horrible, plain and simple. Nothing against the Kings. I just don't expect the same effort from the Yotes when they meet.

I'm seriously starting to worry about the Rangers ability to beat the Caps in this series.

Blues played horrible, plain and simple. Nothing against the Kings. I just don't expect the same effort from the Yotes when they meet.

I agree. I think the Kings/Yotes series will be what I expected out of the Kings/Blues series. Truth be told, the Yotes and Rangers are the only two teams left that make me very nervous (moreso the Yotes, to be honest).

Hey I still have my fingers crossed for the Devils! One mre win tonight and they move on. :thumbs:

Devils seem to have Phillys number. I'd rather see NY face Philly than Jersey though.