• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2021-04 Juan Lopez #2 (UTL 2018)

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I was very excited going into this review as there is a lot of love for the JL2. Especially as of late. Also, this is another cigar that is more similar in size to what I like to smoke.

1/3: Chalk/mineral (talcum powder for all you haters out there) right on the first draw! Soon thereafter red pepper joined in- especially on the retrohale. At the half inch mark the flavor shifts to black pepper but the chalk stays on. At the end of the first third, espresso became the dominate flavor.

2/3: So the espresso has faded almost entirely, but the chalk still remains strong. I'm also tasting some pasta water and some red pepper as the second third comes to a close.

3/3/: The spiciness of the red pepper dies away, but the pepper taste is still there. I infer that to be a white pepper. The strength on this cigar has toned down tremendously by this point. I smoked it down pretty far, just enjoying the remaining white pepper vibe.

So this cigar had a lot less going on, flavor wise, then previous cigars but I kinda liked that. It allowed me to just enjoy the cigar for what it was and I found it very enjoyable in that regard. I think I would consider hoping in the next box split of these.
97875163-F345-4F5E-9D2B-83E32A02ABDF.jpeg

I was very excited going into this review as there is a lot of love for the JL2. Especially as of late. Also, this is another cigar that is more similar in size to what I like to smoke.

1/3: Chalk/mineral (talcum powder for all you haters out there) right on the first draw! Soon thereafter red pepper joined in- especially on the retrohale. At the half inch mark the flavor shifts to black pepper but the chalk stays on. At the end of the first third, espresso became the dominate flavor.

2/3: So the espresso has faded almost entirely, but the chalk still remains strong. I'm also tasting some pasta water and some red pepper as the second third comes to a close.

3/3/: The spiciness of the red pepper dies away, but the pepper taste is still there. I infer that to be a white pepper. The strength on this cigar has toned down tremendously by this point. I smoked it down pretty far, just enjoying the remaining white pepper vibe.

So this cigar had a lot less going on, flavor wise, then previous cigars but I kinda liked that. It allowed me to just enjoy the cigar for what it was and I found it very enjoyable in that regard. I think I would consider hoping in the next box split of these.
View attachment 41676
Man that wrapper looks dark??

Also, I was excited to see your thoughts on this one. I will have to pull one out for Saturday now and I'll be looking for that pasta water profile...I joke, but yet I get what you mean as I had one last night...

Man that wrapper looks dark??

Also, I was excited to see your thoughts on this one. I will have to pull one out for Saturday now and I'll be looking for that pasta water profile...I joke, but yet I get what you mean as I had one last night...

This is what threw me off when doing my blind review (of what turned out to be a JL1). I had it in the dry box right next to a JL2, and the coloring/shade of the wrapper was markedly different.