• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2021-17 Trinidad Reyes (unknown year or code)

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
This is another one which I was lucky enough to have for last years review. I just reread my review, and well..., it is not something where I can compare apples to apples. Go back and read it if you can find it, and you will see why. Anyways...
1/3: This took a good half dozen puffs before I could discern any sort of identifiable flavor. Those puffs were good, but I couldn't figure them out- which turned out to be an ongoing thing for this guy. I was finally able to comfortably say hay, tea and some other sort of vegetable flavor which I couldn't pin-point. The end of the first third was vinegar.
2/3: Faint mineral begins to join the vinegar. Salt also begins to join in as the vinegar begins to subside. Salt is more dominant then the mineral and vinegar but all three are there.
3/3: Vinegar with some sort of bread. Maybe sourdough, I don't know. This is really a challenge.

So I have mixed feelings about this cigar. I know that Trinidad's are in high regard, however this was the hardest cigar to review, to date. Almost like the flavor wheel was not sufficient for this cigar. I think this is another one which I would want to revisit, without the obligation of doing a review. @CBoukal thanks for no specific reason.8D85EF11-323F-4782-82BD-FDCAA69096F1.jpeg

This is another one which I was lucky enough to have for last years review. I just reread my review, and well..., it is not something where I can compare apples to apples. Go back and read it if you can find it, and you will see why. Anyways...
1/3: This took a good half dozen puffs before I could discern any sort of identifiable flavor. Those puffs were good, but I couldn't figure them out- which turned out to be an ongoing thing for this guy. I was finally able to comfortably say hay, tea and some other sort of vegetable flavor which I couldn't pin-point. The end of the first third was vinegar.
2/3: Faint mineral begins to join the vinegar. Salt also begins to join in as the vinegar begins to subside. Salt is more dominant then the mineral and vinegar but all three are there.
3/3: Vinegar with some sort of bread. Maybe sourdough, I don't know. This is really a challenge.

So I have mixed feelings about this cigar. I know that Trinidad's are in high regard, however this was the hardest cigar to review, to date. Almost like the flavor wheel was not sufficient for this cigar. I think this is another one which I would want to revisit, without the obligation of doing a review. @CBoukal thanks for no specific reason.View attachment 43283
I agree on the revisit sans flavor wheel. Just go with the "Like / Don't Like" metric.

Sometimes I wonder if I take all the flavors you put in a review and list them all out, I'll find a recipe you are making for dinner tonight. I appreciate the random shoutout and thanks again for the great review. These are always fun to read.

Sometimes I wonder if I take all the flavors you put in a review and list them all out, I'll find a recipe you are making for dinner tonight. I appreciate the random shoutout and thanks again for the great review. These are always fun to read.
Haha, I do wonder how influenced I am when it comes to the flavors.