• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

24 Season 5 - opinions?

Lemon

I've been a fan of the show 24 for a long time. I've loved every season so far but haven't seen the first episodes of the fifth yet. Have any of you fellas watched it? How does it look so far? I have high expectations, probably so high I will be disappointed. But please, no spoiling. This is a show that loses a lot if you spoil even the tiniest bit.

-John

I've been hooked on this show since hour 1 of day 1!! This season is starting off just as expected -- twists, turns, action, etc. I think it will be up to the standards from previous seasons.

Sounds great :D I can't wait. Actually I will wait until I can see all the episodes in a row. I just hate waiting a week for the next episode, all the tension and excitement kind of dies out in that time!

Best premiere(sp) yet IMO.

Especially when Palm........er nevermind you didn't want to spoil it.

What an opener, Jack's kicking ass, 24 like usual but yet so different!

Love that show!

It rocks!!! It took some twists that I never expected and it is looking like it might be the best season yet. :thumbs: :thumbs:

I've only been watching since season 4, but the first four hours were awesome!

JK

I've been watching since the first season and I think this one's looking to be another great one. I couldn't believe some of the stuff they did in the first 4 hours.

I haven't seen any of this season yet, and will also wait until I can just rent the whole thing over the span of a week.

However I have heard that there are some dissenting opinions out there as to the lack of originality in the script. I'm not sure if each season is supposed to follow the same basic format (someone Jack is close to gets hurt or kidnapped, no one wants to let Jack do his job, he breaks all the rules and in the end is banished, again) so if that's the goal they have succeeded. Also, as in previous seasons, there are loopholes and reasons for procedure that appear to be in place purely for the sake of the drama, when in reality they make absolutely no sense.

But this is just what I heard and have read. The counterpoint to all the above is simply that this is a tv drama. It's meant to entertain you for one hour of each week. It's not meant to have a bunch of cyber-geeks who have nothing to do now that Star Wars is done picking it apart piece by piece trying to find errors.

I'm personally looking forward to watching this current season and will most likely lose an entire week of my life in the process.

I dont know why they had two,two hour episode season openers. Thats 4 out of the 24 gone.

I have to say it was definatley a good one. Jack is in great form. I cant wait for this weeks episode.