• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

30 year old vintage smoke

They are insurable, it's called an "inland marine policy"

I think some of you are misunderstanding my point of the research. Mr Miamipadronsmoke has correctly stated, "its a journey" and that pretty much sums it up. As far as smoking them, I would definitely puff the opened boxes. The others, I don't know. I don't want to get all chick flick with you but there is some emotion looking at them and knowing that they were thrown on your lap by a friend. To receive a package and open it and get blown away by it's contents is mind boggling.

Maybe you can understand my situation better now. My comments are in jest and have absolutely no animosity. They are only an example of the complexity of the situation. The question still remains, where to get info ?

And would you really smoke the sealed boxes?

Where's Epicurus, Descartes, Bertrand or Cicero when you need them.

Souldog, I offered you wouldn't be taking. And I have the perfect bottle of single malt scotch to go with it.

I can tell you without even looking at the policy form that the inland marine will not cover illegal materials either. I encourage you to go ask your agent, they could probably use a laugh.

My agent is the one who gave me that bit of info. He has three sources who have come back with these issues ;
Validation of value
How are they stored ?
Where are they stored?
Is sufficient security in place?
If stored by third party, will the party in question name you as additionally insured ?

I was surprised to find out that this type of insurance was available. Doesn't hurt to ask.

I am 99% sure these are real cubans.

My agent is the one who gave me that bit of info. He has three sources who have come back with these issues ;
Validation of value
How are they stored ?
Where are they stored?
Is sufficient security in place?
If stored by third party, will the party in question name you as additionally insured ?

I was surprised to find out that this type of insurance was available. Doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm not questioning whether you may purchase insurance for cigars, they have value and therefore have insurable interest. The problem is, you cannot not insure contraband. A cuban cigar is no more insurable than a brick of cocaine.

After posting a very simple question I now have a path to my quest via a few PM's. It took a very circuitous route with some entertaining banter. I will probably see a few of you on comedy central soon. As for those helpful souls who took the time to direct me, don't be surprised if a simple act of thanks is delivered in package form.

To answer a few of your questions I have the following:

Why am I here ?

A common passion or interest shared over a large social gathering. Am I here to get involved in a CP ? Not a priority. If I enjoy your company over written media or personnel contact, I would offer you smoke. I would not require anything in return, it seems to contractual. Sorry, but that's just me.

Do I just look at my smokes ?

I'm a newbie on CP, but an oldie cigar smoker. 25 years, third generation to be exact . I hold my purchases for a minimum of 2 years before I smoke them. If done right it's like fine wine, aged vintage purchases can finance future purchases and keep your investment in this enjoyable vice at a minimum.
I have Padron 1964 Anniversary series Exclusivios from 02 and 03 and 3000's from 03. They will never be sold. They will be shared. That's how my father taught me cigars. That's how his father taught him. Do I sound like a snob, sorry I'm just stating facts.

I need to go now, my wife is putting in the Beaches DVD.

Many thanks

you can state exatly what you want but as an insurance agent Cubans would be considered contraband and not covered under any writer that i am aware of. been in the biz for 15 years. it simply falls under every exclusion i know of

you can state exatly what you want but as an insurance agent Cubans would be considered contraband and not covered under any writer that i am aware of. been in the biz for 15 years. it simply falls under every exclusion i know of

Ditto.

Like CasaSoho said, you might as well try insuring a brick of cocaine or a pound of marijuana.

To bfreebern,

Would you really smoke them ?

Would you take a 1961 Ferrari 250 Gt California Spyder and enter it in a figure 8 race ?

I doubt if Brandon would smoke one of these cigars while standing in a downpour either but he'd smoke em ;)

Would you share a bottle of 1982 Chateau Latour, Pauillac with some bowling buddies ?

I guess it would depend on how good of buddies they were ;)

I find your jumble of non sequiturs and irrelevant observations to be nothing but comedic.

In Jest,

Jaypee

I find these questions somewhat ummmmmm rhetorical foolish.

Smoke em......think about it, if you never smoke one you could get the same enjoyment out of simply pretending you owned these cigars.

Hello no, nobody smokes crazy cigars like that? 30 years old you say? They must be worth dozens of dollars by now. Do they have cello on or off? How many white dots are on the band above "Cohiba"? Do you use beads or floral foam? Does it make a difference if you punch these or can you have the freak you keep in the basement gnaw off the cap? Is there anything else? Send them to Jon for inspection, addy in profile. Nice play, great target