• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

49ers vs Rams 5er wager

Listen, I get peoples opinions on steroid use, but it seems baseball has been a huge target or was, in the 90s. Is it justified? Sure, but the entire league was doing it. I know that doesn’t make it right, but vilifying a few to take the brunt of the entire league, is asinine if you ask me.

You still have to have hand/eye coordination to hit a 95 mph baseball. You still have to have proper technique and a gift, to throw a 95 mph baseball.
Yeah, its a shame that professional sports has become entertainment to the point that drugs are an every day part of the product.

The issue of hitting a baseball vs golf has always intrigued me. It's funny where that discussion goes when you have someone who is good at each on the opposing sides of the discussion.:)

Yeah, its a shame that professional sports has become entertainment to the point that drugs are an every day part of the product.

The issue of hitting a baseball vs golf has always intrigued me. It's funny where that discussion goes when you have someone who is good at each on the opposing sides of the discussion.:)

Anyone can hit a golf ball 😂

Anyone can hit a golf ball 😂
Not really. And the important part is hitting it where you want to hit it.

But anyone can hit a baseball anywhere in a one-acre field successfully 30% of the time:cool:

Last edited:
Not really. And the important part is hitting it where you want to hit it.

But anyone can hit a baseball anywhere in a one-acre field successfully 30% of the time:cool:

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

We settle this by allowing @CigarStone to pitch to @bfreebern and see if he can hit it. Then we let @CigarStone set up ona par 3 and @bfreebern on the green to obstruct Happy Gilmore style and see if Jeff can make par. 🤣
Given my reputation for throwing, what if I bean him @bfreebern ?

Of course it's easier to "hit" a golf ball than it is a 90 MPH baseball, but that's where the comparison ends.

A "professional" baseball player has 110,000 square feet in which a ball can be put in play, the average MLB park is 2.49 acres. And the holy grail is a success rate of 30%. The ball can contact any part of the bat which covers roughly 30 square inches, the bat can be turned, or facing, any old direction, and it doesn't even matter if the batter meant to have the bat where it was at impact! ........................................ And did I mention that the best of the lucky are sucessful 30% of the time? ....................................... Professional pitchers are far more skilled than professional batters.

A "professional" golfer has to put a ball within a 50 to 10 square foot area, depending on whether it's the driver, or a short iron. This shot has to contact the 1/4" square sweetspot, at an "exact" angle of approach, horizontally, vertically, and rotationally, and the shot has to have the exact amount of backspin and trajectory ..... and if he can't do this at least 85% of the time he is out of a job.

A trained, and blindfolded, monkey could be told when to swing and probably succeed 25% of the time!