• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 Card Draw Pass

theorangeman

Introduction:

This pass is called “5 Card Draw Pass” because participants, in addition to being involved in a normal pass, will be playing for free smokes (in the $3 - $10 range). Prior to the start of the pass, I will shuffle a deck of cards and arbitrarily put 5 cards in twelve sealed envelopes (which is the number of players in the pass). When each participant receives the pass, they will do their P&T’s (standard cigar pass rules apply) and will also take one envelope, which is labeled by a cigar brand (i.e. Padron, CAO, Cohiba, etc.) The Pass will continue until each player has had an opportunity to do their P&T’s and receive their cards.

At the completion of the pass, each player will look at their cards and determine if they want any trades (up to 3 cards maximum). I will then take the remaining cards (two decks will be used due to the number of players in the pass) and in order of participants, I will deal out however many cards each player wants. When trading in cards, you will need to send me a pm with the cards that you are trading in. Since I won’t know what cards (with the exception of ones being traded in) each player has, I will have no idea what cards a player is hoping for. Therefore, everything will be on the up and up – although I could care less which one of you bastads wins anyway. :)

The trading in of cards will be done on a virtual basis – the remaining cards are on my desk and will actually be dealt out (but this will be done at my home). I will then send a pm to each participant what cards they got dealt. After ALL players have received their final cards to complete their hand, everyone will reveal their hands by posting in the thread. The winner will be the player with the best hand and will receive ALL CIGARS THAT ARE IN THE PASS. The winner will also, at the end of the game, let me know what envelope he took - just to keep guys honest - but that really isn't necessary is it? ;)

The Maryville posse will send the winner the pot of cigars (if in fact one of them doesn't win) and will send me the Tupperware container and its contents.

Standard cigar pass rules apply, but just to clarify:

1. A complete physical inventory will be done upon receiving the pass. Also confirm that the baggie numbering corresponds to the Official Cigar List numbering. Post any problems in the pass thread and contact your Pass Host directly.
2. Inspect the box and packaging materials for proper cigar packing. If necessary, correct any problems and either post your concerns in the pass thread and/or contact your Pass Host directly.
3. Do not remove the cigars from their individual baggies unless they are part of your approved P&T’s.
4. Post your proposed Puts and Takes (P&T’s) in the pass thread prior to receiving the pass (this will help keeping the pass moving with little delay). If there are issues with a participant’s proposals, please be polite and post your concerns in the forum, directly with the individual via PM or with your Pass Host. Please do not take this process personal, your Pass Host will make the final decision.
5. Put & Takes (P/T’s) should be value for value and put one take one.
6. Confirmation of readiness must be made in the pass thread prior to shipping the package to the next participant.
7. Package will be shipped via USPS with delivery confirmation. Post the DC# in the forum immediately following shipping.

Participants and Order of the Pass (done):

1. Castaway (FL) & bmd34202 (FL)
2. Smitty0205 (NC)
3. Melski (MD)
4. loanshark (NJ)
5. cookie_1978 (PA)
6. hooiserguy (IN)
7. duglynukem (IA)
8. tangomar (IA)
9. Mr Peat (MO)
10. Jeff B. & Drew_Moberly (MO)

Cards Discarded and Final Hand:

Castaway: 1 card... nothing
bmd34202: 3 cards... A K Q J 9 (nothing)
Smitty0205: 2 cards... nothing
Melski: 3 cards... FULL HOUSE - Kh, Kc, Qs, Qh, 3s
loanshark: folded
cookie_1978: 3 cards...nothing
hooiserguy: 2 cards... a pair of Seven's
duglynukem: 3 cards... nothing
tangomar: 3 cards... pair of Jacks
Jeff B: 1 card...two pair - 8's and 2's
Drew_Moberly: 1 card... J 10 8 7 6 (nothing)

THE WINNER AND POT OF CIGARS GOES TO... Melski!!

Cigar List:

1. CAO Gold Torpedo
2. Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto (t: bmd34202)
3. Perdomo Reserve Maduro ‘F’ (t: bmd34202)
4. Puros Indios Piramide #1
5. JR Ultimate Cabinet No. 50 (t: castaway)
6. Punch Gran Cru Diadema (t: castaway)
7. Montecristo White Rothschilde (t: Smitty0205)
8. Perdomo 2 Ecuacion Maduro
9. A. Fuente 8-5-8 (t: castaway)
10. Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso
11. Cupido Criollo Campana
12. Perdomo Reserve Cameroon Robusto
13. La Gloria Cubana Serie R #4 Maduro (t: Smitty0205)
14. Por Larranaga Honduran Piramide
15. Punch Rothschild (t: castaway)
16. Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Toro Maduro (t: melski)
17. Por Larranaga Sumatra Piramid (t: loanshark)
18. Oliva Grand Maduro Torpedo (t: melski)
19. Perdomo Cuban Parejo Belicoso Fino Rosado (t: bmd34202)
20. Punch Rare Corojo Double Corona (t: melski)
21. Puro Indios Cienfuegra Robusto
22. La Gloria Cubana Glorias Extra (t: bmd34202)
23. Padron 3000 (p: castaway)(t: cookie_1978)
24. RyJ Aniversario Toro (p: castaway)(t: hoosierguy]
25. AF Chateau Sungrown (p: castaway)(t: duglynukem)
26. Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight I (p: castaway)(t: melski)
27: AF Flor Fina 858 Maduro (p: bmd34202)(t: Smitty0205)
28: Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Sungrown Churchill #1 (p: bmd34202)
29: AF Don Carlos #2 (p: bmd34202)(t: loanshark)
30: Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Torpedo (p: bmd34202)(t: loanshark)
31: Litto Gomez Diez Americano (p: Smitty0205)(t: melski)
32: CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Robusto (p: Smitty0205)
33: H Upmann Vintage Cameroon Toro (p: Smitty0205)(t: hoosierguy)
34: Flor de A Allones Maximo (p: melski)(t:tangomar)
35: JRUltimate Principale Oscuro (p: melski)(t: cookie_1978)
36: Top Shelf Signature Select Churchill (p: melski)
37: Camacho Monarca maduro (p: melski)(t: Jeff B.)
38: Litto Gomez Diez Lusitano (p: melski)(t: hoosierguy)
39: Padron 1964 Superior Natural (p: loanshark)(t: hoosierguy)
40: Montecristo Platinum #1 (p: loanshark)(t:hoosierguy)
41: Opus X perfecxion X (p: loanshark)(t: cookie_1978)
42: Padron #35 Maduro (p: cookie_1978)(t: duglynukem)
43: AF Flor Fina 858 (p: cookie_1978)
44: 2005 Bolivar Toro (p: cookie_1978)
45: Opus X Petit Lancero (p: hoosierguy)(t: duglynukem)
46: Oliva Oasis Bold (p: hoosierguy)
47:Carlos Torano Signature Torpedo (p: hoosierguy)
48:Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robusto (p: hoosierguy)(t: duglynukem)
49: Diamond Crown Maximus #4 (p: hoosierguy)(t: tangomar)
50: AF Short Story (p: duglynukem)(t: Jeff B.)
51: Diamond Crown #6 Figurado Maduro (p: duglynukem)(t: tangomar)
52: AF Hemingway Classic Maduro (p: duglynukem)
53: AF Don Carlos #4 (p: duglynukem) (t: Drew Moberly)
54: AF Between the Lines (p: tangomar)
55: Ashton Illusion (p: tangomar)
56: AF Best Seller (p: tangomar) (t: Jeff B.)
57: Bolivar 2005 Blend Robusto - crystal (p: Jeff B.)
58: ST Dupont Corona (p: Jeff B.)
59: Partagas Black Maximo (p: Jeff B.)
60: JdN Magnum 660 (p: Drew Moberly)

I dont feel lucky but willing to see if I am.

i do feel lucky but aren't elegible yet. Oh well i can wait my turn. :) ill be sure to moniter this pass carefully to get a better understanding of how it works. it looks like a nice line up. i espiceally like the Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Toro Maduro.

I feel lucky - I am from Pgh, and we just won the SB - count me in

In order to make sure everyone who is interested in playing has a chance to participate, I'll wait until the end of the day on Thursday, February 9th before cutting this thing off. On Friday February 10th, I'll begin formulating the final list and getting things ready to roll so that the pass can go out first thing Monday morning.

One more thing, just to ensure that there isn't any delay getting this out on Monday, if you're interested in playing, not only send me a pm but also include your mailing address and phone number. That way we won't have to do multiple pm's. ;)

Also, I'll get back to everyone, who expresses an interest in participating, on Friday so you all know who the players are.

Well no phone so I guess that counts me out. :laugh:

Mr. Peat - phone number is nice to have (for obvious reasons) but that won't keep anyone out of the pass. Main thing is that I have everyone's mailing address.

By the way, how do you not have a phone number? :laugh:

No need to explain...

Well, if the phone thing isnt a problem...I would love to be considered in this pass.

Sorry Bobby, but just to clarify:

theorangeman said:
The only stipulation I have for who is involved in the pass are guys who have been a member for at least 60 days and have at least 100 posts.

Great pass idea.
Very creative folks around here.

Guess I'll watch from the sideline.

(If I cut and paste that 48 times tonight, can I join?)

Pompous Pugs said:
Great pass idea.
Very creative folks around here.

Guess I'll watch from the sideline.

(If I cut and paste that 48 times tonight, can I join?)
[snapback]285551[/snapback]​

Now that's creative. ;)