• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 Guys Burgers & Fries

steamboat

Future Skinny Person
They opened a franchise in New Albany and I took the Mrs there for dinner. I did not order fresh cut french fries but the Mrs got a large order which turns out to be twice as many fries as any normal person should cosume.

I tasted the fries and it was like when the levy broke, I absolutely could not sit there and not eat those fries. I didn't go buy any more but I seriously considered licking the brown paper bag to get the last of the salt and grease.

I love that damn place. It is the first time I have had malt vinegar with fries and I can't eat them any other way now. Those burgers are going to kill me.

The best burgers and fries EVER!! I just wish there was one closer that an hour from me.

Ours opened about a month ago. It's good but it seems expensive. It will keep me from going there too often. I don't know if I can bring myself to try the vinegar though, maybe next time.

What's up with the peanuts?

The best burgers and fries EVER!! I just wish there was one closer that an hour from me.

I schedule meetings with clients in that area based on when I was there last. That place is unreal good!

As far as burgers go in general, it's a pretty good burger. Is it the best? Not even close! But it's on the better side of the fast food burger joint type of places. They opened one near my work and when I first went I thought it was over-priced for what I got. A few more times going with co-workers and I like it much better now. Those fries are damn good I have to admit, from fresh cut potatos that's good every time! But I've had some phenomenal burgers from certain taverns and restaurants around me that blow the Five Guys burgers away, then again, they are almost double the price haha.

And thumbs up to the vinegar with the fries thing. If anyone's ever been to Thrasher's fries on the Ocean City, MD boardwalk you can attest to this, they've been doing that since forever and people line up around the corner for those fries!

As an aficionado of fine burgers and fries, I had to check out there site. Looks like they might soon be opening one near me. I must remember to drive past their location to see how far along they are.

As far as burgers go in general, it's a pretty good burger. Is it the best? Not even close! But it's on the better side of the fast food burger joint type of places. They opened one near my work and when I first went I thought it was over-priced for what I got. A few more times going with co-workers and I like it much better now. Those fries are damn good I have to admit, from fresh cut potatos that's good every time! But I've had some phenomenal burgers from certain taverns and restaurants around me that blow the Five Guys burgers away, then again, they are almost double the price haha.

And thumbs up to the vinegar with the fries thing. If anyone's ever been to Thrasher's fries on the Ocean City, MD boardwalk you can attest to this, they've been doing that since forever and people line up around the corner for those fries!

I am not a vinegar fan but I would be willing to give it a go. Except I am putting myself on perma-ban. Down at the gambling boat, you can ban yourself (temp or perma) if you think you are developing a gambling problem and they will not let you back on for any reason until your self-imposed ban expires.

I need a number to call to perma-ban me from those fries! The burgers probaly are relatively healthy if there is such a thing as a healthy burger. They seemed quite lean for a burger.

I thought is was a little pricey. I had a famous burger with a drink and Sonya had a Bacon Cheeseburger, large fries with a drink and it was $19 and some change.

Did I mention the fries are tasty?

Has anyone had the Veggie Sandwich and if so, is it just toppings?

The burgers probaly are relatively healthy if there is such a thing as a healthy burger. They seemed quite lean for a burger.

I wouldn't go that far, but then again, a burger isn't supposed to be lean and healthy! If you watch the cook, those patties are soaking in grease and oil, practically swimming in it. And its just a flat griddle with no drain-off or anything. But like I said, a burger ain't supposed to be good for ya ;)

I don't think I'm a burger aficionado, I am a burger aficionado. ;)

I think they are overall ok, but they are WAY too greasy. As far as burger chains (restaurant style) I think Red Robin and Cheeburger Cheeburger have the market, although I've not been to a Cheeburger in years. Also, my favorite local deli closed and a 5 Guys is being put in it's place. I'll give them another try, hopefully it will be a better outcome.

If any of you are in or near Knoxville, check out Gridiron Burger. :thumbs:

Add me to the "solid, but not world-beating" group. The one near me always has between 15 and 25 people working, no matter the day or the time, yet it still takes 20 minutes to get your food. I'm not complaining too much as I enjoy their peanuts, but watching 10-15 people mill about aimlessly and generally getting in the way of the 5 people actually working just sort of rubs me the wrong way after I just spent $20 for a couple of cheeseburgers and some fries.

I don't particularly care for the fries that much. Too much skin. And I am wholly unconcerned with the origin of that particular day's potatoes.

The bacon cheese dog is very underrated.

I've been going to the ones in the DC area for years when I had the chance and then closer ones as they opened up more places in MD and PA. The nearest one is still 20 miles away but still gets my business when I go by.

The one near me always has between 15 and 25 people working, no matter the day or the time, yet it still takes 20 minutes to get your food. I'm not complaining too much as I enjoy their peanuts, but watching 10-15 people mill about aimlessly and generally getting in the way of the 5 people actually working just sort of rubs me the wrong way after I just spent $20 for a couple of cheeseburgers and some fries.

I noticed this also and thought it was very strange. We went in once at 3:00 pm and 10 people were behind the counter watching the 11th cook the burgers. Weird.

That place is so good me and my wife love it there is one a few minutes from my house. it was a good thing my wife read some stuff online about it before we went or we would have order a large fries to. they say a reg feeds 2-3 people and a large 4-6 i think. great fries good burgers and free peanuts while you wait. great place and worth a try if there is one near you.

I love Five Guys. They opened one down the street from me and it's everything I can do not to live there.

steamboat said:
I need a number to call to perma-ban me from those fries! The burgers probaly are relatively healthy if there is such a thing as a healthy burger. They seemed quite lean for a burger.
Not to kill a good time but it's god awful for you. A cheeseburger and an order of fries is 1580 calories with 89g (126% of what you need each day) of Fat. Anyone trying to loose weight shoudl avoid the place like the plague.

The franchise is from Virginia. I remember in HS, the first two 5 Guys opened up, and it was the best thing since sliced bread. After college, I was to the point of opening up my own franchise (that's how much I liked them). Unfortunately, I was too late. All franchises for VA, MD, DE, NC, PA, and some other states were sold out.

SO, for anyone in other States that don't have a 5 Guys yet...........start one and you will be RICH!!!!!!!

Places I go that have 5 Guys, they are always lined outside the door. It's insane. Prices are decent and the food is amazing. I normally split the Regular Fries with the GF. That alone is more than plenty......Large is just crazy heart attack.

Andrew

we have a couple here in "the Ham"...we LOVE them...also another great place that has yummy burgers, especially a realllly good chili cheese burger is Red Robin...anyone have one of those where you are?

Melly

Like Mike (flamchop) and Steve (Green Monkey) said...they're good, but let's not get carried away. They're better than Mickey Ds & BK...my son and his friends still go to Wendy's instead of 5 Guys due to value versus quality.

One opened in our town about 2 years ago. In the beginning it was crowded (novelty), now you can go in there most any time and get service right away. For the $$$ they charge for a greasy burger, we can do better.

I guess the franchises in the towns where there is no quality competition, they will probably have the long lines....but not in the larger metropolitan areas I would imagine.

But their fries are very good :thumbs: ...no matter what you like on them!